“Just make sure you get a good room” 2 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2015 Monterey Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
“Just make sure you get a good room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is really pretty and has good service, but the problem you can find is check with the hotel what you are getting first, I booked a 2 queen bedroom, when I check in they have me the room #2, it was really small with a full size bed, that's not what was posted in any site.

Then I go to the front desk to complain they showed me 2 more rooms, still not good enough, then they showed me the deluxe room, that was exactly what I thought I paid for but they are asking for $40 extra, the staff was really kind but not helpful, so I stop complaining they offered me cookies that they ofer every guest as a consolation, still I paid around $160.00 with no breakfast and the deluxe is just $20 extra with breakfast included.

Then I find out there is a special package in part of the hotel they call the trellis package (for $120 breakfast included), that's in the motel area, no baggage assistance, not a lot of privacy and I don't really think they care about the costumer, that's where I am right now when I paid 40 more dollars just for the room

So you just make sure the room you are getting is not in the motel.

I'll upload pictures of the rooms they offered me.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank everaldo1
applefarm, Public Relations Manager at Apple Farm Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize that your stay in our Trellis Court did not exceed your expectations. We try to be as clear as we can on our website about the differences in our room types and facilities and we will continue to work hard to improve this. Your feedback will help us to do so. While our Trellis Court rooms are smaller than our Inn rooms, many of them are newly renovated and include upgraded amenities. We will be sure to use your review as a training for our staff. Please feel free to contact me directly for your next stay so that I can ensure you receive the best room possible. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you again soon!

Christen Goldie
christeng@applefarm.com

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on a drive from SF to LA and, whilst it's a little out of the way, it's a great hotel. We were greeted by friendly staff and given cookies and drinks as soon as we walked in. The room was fantastic, large and spotlessly clean. The restaurant was good rather than great but the service was excellent. We would happily recommend it!!

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank WDazza
applefarm, Public Relations Manager at Apple Farm Inn, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear that you had such a nice time. Your comments regarding our staff are especially kind and we will be sure to pass them on. We certainly appreciate your feedback and recommendation and we can't wait for your next visit!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel. Everything was perfect, the room was completely clean, the staff very friendly...and the restaurant!!! Incredibly tasty!! Also the bakery, what a great breakfast! I would really recommend staying at This hotel for sure!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fran X
applefarm, Public Relations Manager at Apple Farm Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are so thrilled that you had such a nice visit and that our staff was so friendly. I will be sure to pass your comments on to our restaurant and bakery chefs as well. We can't wait until your next visit!
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We planned a last minute trip to Apple Farm San Luis Obispo based on being able to secure a reservation. Fortunately, we did. We had a wonderful, relaxing stay. The attention to detail at Apple Farm is second to none. My job demands attention to detail so I am highly tuned into that and this attribute is impressive at Apple Farm. Upon arrival, we felt very welcome by the staff members and all matters at check in were handled efficiently. The hotel is close and handy to the down town area. We would highly recommend a stay at the Apple Farm!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
1 Thank Willard P
We really appreciate your feedback on your recent stay with us. It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that we could be a nice spot for rest and relaxation for you. Thank you for your kind comments about our staff. I will be sure to pass them on to our entire team. We look forward to your next stay!

Christen Goldie
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Stayed one night at the Apple Farm with my husband and 3 children. The check in was very efficient and staff were very helpful. All of us were pleasantly surprised by the lovely cookies we were given in arrival. We had two rooms which were unfortunately in completely different buildings. The room in the main building was lovely and had loads of space. Both rooms were very clean and comfortable. Also, we ate in the Apple Farm restaurant. The food was beautiful and everyone was more than happy with their choice. This hotel offers a very different experience to the usual corporate hotel options and is most definitely worth a visit.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the main building.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Location
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Linda B
applefarm, Public Relations Manager at Apple Farm Inn, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is so nice to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad that you found our rooms comfortable and that your visits to our restaurant were great as well. We will be sure to pass on your feedback to our hotel and restaurant staff. We look forward to your next visit!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We stayed in a Mill House room previously; those are over a real working mill with water pouring next to our jacuzzi tub balcony overlooking the lavishly-flowered, lush grounds replete with gardens of flowers and plants. Apple Farm is like the coolest hotel possible (light switch-controlled fireplaces and canopy beds, deluxe decor and all) set within country botanical gardens, for lack of a better description. This time we stayed in another specialty room with a big round high ceiling... Wow! Then there's the grist mill making real apple cider live, the amazing food and desserts of the on premises restaurant & bakery (we're talking homemade cobblers and grandma's apple pies, y'all) and the nicest staff possible :) We're all smiles here, folks!!! PS - Can be extremely romantic or family-like, depending on who you're with. Also, we took Amtrak from Los Angeles to get there.... easy to do and they are close to Amtrak and the incredible beach.

Room Tip: Although all their rooms are great, if you want to pay a bit more, get one of the Mill House rooms o...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
1 Thank Joey C
applefarm, Public Relations Manager at Apple Farm Inn, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
We appreciate your feedback on your stay at our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed room 300 so much as well as our grounds and restaurant. Our Millhouse rooms and other signature rooms are very unique and we love the way you described them. We certainly will be sure to pass your comments on to our entire staff. We look forward to your next stay!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

WOW is all I can say! My daughter and I stayed one night in room 115 - a huge beautifully decorated room decorated in all light greens. This room has a huge four poster king size canopy bed (VERY comfortable), a seating area with a love seat, chair and coffee table under a bay window, a writing desk, a large flat screen TV, a gas fireplace, and a fridge. The bathroom is also very big with a full length mirror on one wall and a very large mirror over the sink. On the mirror over the sink was even a suction cup vase with two fresh mini carnations inside which was a very nice touch. Included in the room was the souviner apple decoration to take home (which now sits proudly on my living room end table!) two bottles of apple juice, and some Hershey kisses. I wish my bedroom and bathroom at home were even just half as big and beautiful. The hallways are all decorated in a floral country theme too - just beautiful! The grounds are immaculate and so pretty, especially at night with the lights in all the trees. At check in we were given two delicious chocolate chip cookies and a $5 gift credit to use in the gift shop, restaurant, or bakery - we choose the bakery after eating the yummy cookies and took a few cookies for the road. I wish all my rooms on our trip could have been as nice as the Apple Farm Inn and wish we could have stayed much longer. Also I got a fabulous deal through Groupon, so this made the stay even that much better! If we are ever in the area again we will definietly be staying here!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Lisa F
Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay with us. It is so nice to hear that you and your daughter had such a lovely time. We will be sure to pass your comments on to our entire team. We look forward to your next visit!