I had stayed at the Apple Farm Inn, years ago, so many years ago the internet had not yet evolved and there was no Trip Advisor. The place is just as I remembered it, like a cute country inn.
Upon arrival the staff were efficient and thorough. You received a complimentary glass of wine and fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. There is also a wine and appetizer reception that happens every day from 3:30 to 5 pm down by the pool. In addition, there is beverages in the lobby, which is like a living room in someone's home. These are available anytime from 6 in the morning until 10 at night.
We had booked the two queen specialty room which has a sitting area. Our room was very well appointed; gas fireplace, large flat screen TV, coffee maker, small sofa, chair, coffee table, desk, wine bottle opener, free bottled water in the refrigerator, wine glass, regular glasses, ice bucket, coffee mugs . . . they thought of everything. There were also two bottles of apple juice and chocolates provided at no charge and replenished daily. In the room also had hairdryer, iron, ironing board, terry robes and the red wooden apple souvenir you can take home with you.
All of the rooms are unique, they all are decorated in the country/farm style but in different colors and patterns.
There is a card you can fill out for free breakfast in bed with your choices of hot beverage and juice. These are huge, the one basket has a blueberry muffin, an apple cinnamon muffin and two kinds of scones along with a plate with fresh fruit and yogurt. It is a lot of food for one person. They also offer some additional items to add to it, which we did not knowing how large it was all going to be. She brought in the tray and sat it down and thought to myself, "Wow, that's a lot of food" and then she came back in with another tray.
The locations is nice and quiet, there is a restaurant of theirs on the property and also two gift shops. The grounds are very well maintained and have lit up trees at night along the path to the old mill.
We didn't encounter one member of the staff that wasn't full of smiles and friendly, all the way up from the front desk and concierge to housekeeping and the grounds keepers.
Check out is at noon which is nice that you don't have to rush and enjoy yourself a little longer before leaving. I will definitely stay there again and again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Apple Farm Inn is located near downtown San Luis Obispo and very close to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. All the rooms have fireplaces and complimentary wireless internet access. The property has a heated swimming pool, an on-site spa, a restaurant featuring comfort cuisine and an elaborate gift shop. It is centrally located for exploring the Central Coast with wineries and beaches no more than 10-15 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Apple Farm Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apple Farm Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Hotel Apple Farm
- Apple Farm Inn Luis Obispo San