“We enjoyed our stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 31 hotels in San Luis Obispo
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“We enjoyed our stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Apple Farm Inn. Although the decor is not my taste. The place was very comfortable and welcoming. They offer you wine at check-inn along with cookies. The rooms are large and have plenty of seating. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was large and clean. The restaurant is on property and the food was good. Definitely a comfortable place for a family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
applefarm, Public Relations Manager at Apple Farm Inn, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write you review and for your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your room as well as the wine and cookies at check-in. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you for another visit in the future.

687 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Mission Viejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I booked a room for myself at the Apple Farm for an overnight to retrieve my college student son for the summer. When I arrived, I was greeted with an enthusiastic welcome, a glass of wine, and two cookies before I even received my keys. They had me at wine. After I settled into my comfortable and spacious room and enjoyed my welcome wine in the sitting area, I wandered my way around the pool to find the complimentary guest reception where I was handed another glass of wine and sat among the trees and chatted with other guests. Possibly the best part however was the breakfast in bed. They offer a tray filled with fruit, juice coffee and a basket brimming with muffins and scones for a very reasonable price brought to your room at your preferred time. I added on the bagel and lox as well because I am a sucker for lox. The tray could easily have fed four people, too bad it was just me.

The only reason I gave it 4 out of 5 is that the decor is out-dated. I know it is supposed to be romantic country quaint, but still they could do some updates in the room, the couch had a small tear in it. The room was, as I mentioned before, very generous in space and it was clean and well stocked. There was complimentary bottled water and sparkling cider which was greatly appreciated.

I have stayed at six different hotels in SLO now, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review and for your recent stay with us. We are so happy that you chose us as your hotel destination when picking up your son at Cal Poly. Thank you for your feedback on our wine and cookies as well as the decor in our rooms. We are currently working on a renovation project in our rooms and are updating the decor to a more contemporary country design. Many of the Inn rooms have been completed. Please feel free to ask for an updated one on your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!
Street, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

A small room filled with frilly bits and pieces but not room for 2 suitcases. Shower room was cramped and showed signs of leaking water in the past. It was overdue a makeover. If you like this victoriana or 1970s Laura Ashley style, then its for you. Otherwise, find somewhere else to stay. Their restaurant serves good food and service was fine (although having to wait for the front of house person to show before you can sit down is a bore).

Room Tip: We had a standard king. Bed was good and big but room too small for 2 cases with 20 kgs in each. Fro...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
applefarm, Public Relations Manager at Apple Farm Inn, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
We appreciate the time you took to write your review. Please know we take every suggestion to heart. Thank you for your feedback on our rooms and our restaurant. We are currently renovating our Trellis Court rooms in more simple country design with less floral accents. We will also be adding flat screen televisions and refrigerators to these rooms. We hope you get a chance to visit again to check out the renovations. Once again, thank you for your feedback!
bendigo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Gawdy and outdated. Cramped and worn out. Excessive freeze of money on credit card. All this could be overlooked if front desk was helpful, however wrong information was given by staff more than once. No fridge or microwave or iron or washing facilities. Too expensive, cheaper rooms nearby offering more.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
applefarm, Public Relations Manager at Apple Farm Inn, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank for taking the time to write your review and for your recent stay with us. We are so sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. We are currently working to renovate our Trellis Court rooms and we plan on toning down the more floral decor and updating it to a more contemporary country design. There are also plans to add a refrigerator to each of those rooms as well as a flat screen television. We would love for you to have an opportunity to experience our Inn section of the hotel because the rooms are larger and many have been renovated. Please feel free to contact us directly so that we can address you personally regarding the service issues you experienced. We sincerely hope to be able to welcome you again in the future.
Forest Falls, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was truly a great place to end our vacation. The scenery, staff, food and beautiful rooms (small or large) were perfect. So many extras with your stay. The grounds are beautiful and the pool was wonderful and well cared for. The staff all around the property were very helpful and kind. I can't say enough about how great the rooms were. I didn't want to leave! I also booked the spa package and took full advantage of the 2 massages. I felt relaxed and renewed by the time we had to leave. The massage was out of this world. The food was a little pricey at the restaurant BUT you get a HUGE portion. Talk about cute...you have to check out the gift store(even got a 20% discount on items purchased) and fresh baked goods yummy! Thank you Apple Farm we will be back...hopefully soon!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a smaller room in the terrace area (room 3) very cute! If you have more then 2 people y...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate the time you took to write your review and for your recent stay with us. It sounds like you were able to stay in both sides of our property and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed both of your rooms. Thank you for your comments on our restaurant and gift shop as well. We can't wait to welcome you for another visit soon!
Caruthers, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is a great place for couples to get away and relax. We loved the room with hot tub and fireplace, and the snacks and wine at check in was a nice touch. We had a great time, and I hope we can return sometime in the future.

Room Tip: Get a room with a fireplace or hot tub.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
applefarm, Public Relations Manager at Apple Farm Inn, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
We appreciate your review and your recent visit to our Inn. We are glad to hear you had such a wonderful stay and that you plan on returning soon. Thank you for your feedback on our wine reception and hot tub rooms as well. We can't wait to welcome you for another relaxing stay soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here as part of a group last week. Very nice place, full of knick-knacks, kitschy stuff which you can also buy in the gift shops there.
The bed was a little soft for me but the room was large, with a gas fireplace. Clean and comfortable. There was a fridge in the closet with water bottles, cold, and apple juice on the desk. The in room coffee maker was good, with decent coffee. There's also coffee in the lobby all day, along with hot apple cider, which was a nice change.
The wifi worked wonderfully well, better than most places I have stayed.
There is a slightly pricey restaurant on the property but the food was good and plentiful. There's also a small bakery there where you can get some goodies for the morning.
The only negative is that the hotel is so far away from the main part of town, about a mile, so it's a long walk if you don't want to drive very far.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review and recent stay with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and your meals with us. The cider in the lobby is a guest favorite and we love getting feedback on it. We really appreciate your comments. We look forward to welcoming you for another stay soon!

Been to Apple Farm Inn? Share your experiences!