We just returned from our second visit to the Apple Farm Inn (our first visit was in Aug 2012) and once again found it to be clean, comfortable and very charming! I love a hotel that has that little bit extra and this hotel certainly has that. From the welcoming front desk area with hot and cold beverages including a complimentary glass of wine upon check in, to the beautiful gift shop and restaurant, to the watermill and swimming pool and hot tub this hotel has plenty to explore and experience. This hotel has the feel of an inn or bed and breakfast and the decor is shabby chic and may feel a bit to some like visiting grandma's house with all of the wallpaper and floral decor but let me say that the two rooms that we experienced upon our stays were lovely, spacious and very comfortable. Both of our rooms had a seating area with a couch and fireplace and one evening we stayed in and played board games in front of the fireplace (beforehand we visited the bakery and got goodies and fresh pressed apple cider to enjoy) and had a great time. Our main reason for visiting was a family ATV trip to Pismo Beach. Pismo is about 12 miles from the Apple Farm and the drive to the beach is really beautiful. A great time was had by all- even our twenty somethings thought the place was very nice. We had breakfast twice in the restaurant and it was really good- the scones and biscuits that they serve with their boysenberry jam were heavenly! Besides Pismo, we made a stop at the Madonna Inn just to gawk at all of the crazy decor and had a meal out at the Firestone Grill in SLO- their trip tip sandwiches are crazy good. If I had any suggestions or comments for the future they would be: 1) We had decided that this vacation was going to be leisurely so we took our time in the mornings. Even though we had a do not disturb sign on the door we had the housekeepers knocking and they even called us once to see if we wanted housekeeping. Check out is at 12 noon so this was a bit annoying. The other comment is that while the restaurant served good food, the whole service experience was very slow. Other than that we had a really good time and look forward to returning soon. It is a beautiful place to relax!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Apple Farm Inn is located near downtown San Luis Obispo and very close to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. All the rooms have fireplaces and complimentary wireless internet access. The property has a heated swimming pool, an on-site spa, a restaurant featuring comfort cuisine and an elaborate gift shop. It is centrally located for exploring the Central Coast with wineries and beaches no more than 10-15 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Odigeo, Otel, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Apple Farm Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apple Farm Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Hotel Apple Farm
- Apple Farm Inn Luis Obispo San