We have been coming to the Apple Farm for over 20 years...it is a favorite anniversary getaway for us. We normally stay in the main Inn but this time we thought we'd save a few dollars and stay in the Trellis Court. Despite other reviews, we found the Trellis Court to be just fine. The room is a very miniature version of a room in the main Inn. It's the same decor, fireplace, etc...just tucked into a smaller space which we found to be perfect.
Check-in was smooth and the employees in the bakery and restaurant are always wonderful.
We did notice a few things that bothered us a bit...the afternoon reception that we've always enjoyed has definitely changed. Instead of being handed a full glass of wine we were offered a taste and if we wanted more we were told it would be $8 per glass. Really? That's tacky and not the level of service we have always loved at the Apple Farm.
We were also handed 2 cookies at check-in. It appears that cookies in the lobby at 7pm has been discontinued....something else we've always loved about the Apple Farm. The cookies we were handed at check-in were stale....again, not the level of service that we have always loved at the Apple Farm.
The gift shop has also changed over the years. In years past it would take me quite awhile to make my way through the gift shop as it was packed with so much to look at. Now it's a bit sparse...especially the upstairs area.
We will always love the Apple Farm but it is disappointing to see changes made that are not necessary and that "regulars" have come to love and are part of the reason we have kept coming back over the years. Those special "touches" are why people come back! Due to these changes it sparked our interest to look at other hotels in the area for our next getaway which we've never even considered before.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Apple Farm Inn is located near downtown San Luis Obispo and very close to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. All the rooms have fireplaces and complimentary wireless internet access. The property has a heated swimming pool, an on-site spa, a restaurant featuring comfort cuisine and an elaborate gift shop. It is centrally located for exploring the Central Coast with wineries and beaches no more than 10-15 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, T4B, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Apple Farm Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apple Farm Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Hotel Apple Farm
- Apple Farm Inn Luis Obispo San