We stayed here for one night during a two week tour of California, before we began our journey up the Pacific Coast Highway. We chose to stay in a "one off" hotel rather than a chain hotel in SLO as we felt it would be more in keeping with the town - Apple Farm ticked the box and didn't disappoint.
We arrived on a very wet day, but the reception staff's welcome was like a ray of sunshine. Check in was smooth and effecient and we were leant an umbrella while we unloaded our luggage from the car. They also gave us a printed map of Downtown SLO and directions and advise to get there - about a 15 minute walk, even though it was raining we still walked it, rather than taking the car - hey, we're from Britain and are so used to wet weather anyway !!!. Before we left the next day the young guy on reception gave us more helpful information and ideas for our drive up Highway 1.
Our room was a queen room with outside hot tub in a terrace of about 10 individual rooms away from the main building. It was decorated in a very traditional way - floral and frills - with little lamps and armchairs and a fire place - but so in keeping with the rest of the property - traditional,rather than old fashioned. The room was small / cosy, but we felt this added to the atmosphere.
The bed was very comfortable. Property was clean throughout.
I did manage to lock the bathdoor by opening it too wide so that the push lock button in the handle hit the wall of the shower, so when it closed we couldn't re open it !!!!!! a quick call to front desk and someone came along and fixed it straight away.
We had breakfast in the restaurant on site, which isn't included in the room rate, but you do get a guest discount. The restaurant is big, split up into different rooms, each with their own individual character. We sat in the conservatory. Food was very good and obviously freshly home cooked.
The property also has an on site bakery, which sells an awesome Pumpkin pie ( we got 2 slices to go which we had later on in the day, parked up looking over the Pacific Ocean !!). The shop is amazing as well, don't leave without purchasing a jar of their own produced apple butter.
If we are ever in SLO again we would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Apple Farm Inn is located near downtown San Luis Obispo and very close to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. All the rooms have fireplaces and complimentary wireless internet access. The property has a heated swimming pool, an on-site spa, a restaurant featuring comfort cuisine and an elaborate gift shop. It is centrally located for exploring the Central Coast with wineries and beaches no more than 10-15 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, T4B, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Apple Farm Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apple Farm Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Hotel Apple Farm
- Apple Farm Inn Luis Obispo San