My husband and I have spent many anniversaries, birthdays and weekend getaways at the Apple Farm in the last 20+ years, but this time I took my girlfriend for a getaway weekend to enjoy the wineries and coastal beach cities near SLO. She's more of a modern 'sofitel' type, but was pleasantly surprised by the updated rooms, decor, and amenities. The bed linens were sumptuous and neither one of us wanted to get out of bed in the morning! I booked a 2-queen room on the 3rd floor with a window bench view of the Water Grist Mill...beautiful! She really enjoyed the wine hour and the freshly baked cookies each evening, which is our favorite part of staying at the Apple Farm! We both enjoyed an Apple Shea Butter massage in the morning before heading out for the day...ahh! I only wish they could accomodate 2 people in their massage room. I ordered up 2 box lunches (highly recommend!) to take with us while we explored the wineries of Paso and Templeton before heading out to the coast for the day. In the evening, we headed to the Thursday night Farmer's Market and walked Higuera Street, buying Santa Maria Tri Tip and local produce from the vendors. The following day, we headed to Hearst Castle and again enjoyed the beach cities. That evening, we went and bought some sub sandwiches and munchies, and headed out to the Sunset Drive-In for a movie. The bakery at the Apple Farm restaurant is exceptional, and you MUST take home something sweet after your stay! Country-style comfort food is the standard fare, always tasty and plentiful. Try their baked Apple Dumpling and order it when you first arrive for your meal - you won't be disappointed! The gift shop has a large variety of unique items and is exceptionally beautiful at Christmas! The entire grounds at the Apple Farm are whimsical and have a french country flare. Make sure to stop in and see the Grist Mill and gift shop. If you enjoy a scheduled vacation, try one of their winery package stays. You'll have an itinerary showcasing many of the wonderful spots in the area, and they always take you on a beautiful drive that's as memorable as the Apple Farm itself! Definitely a great Girlfriend's Getaway spot and highly recommended by these two best friends!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Apple Farm Inn is located near downtown San Luis Obispo and very close to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. All the rooms have fireplaces and complimentary wireless internet access. The property has a heated swimming pool, an on-site spa, a restaurant featuring comfort cuisine and an elaborate gift shop. It is centrally located for exploring the Central Coast with wineries and beaches no more than 10-15 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, T4B, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Apple Farm Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apple Farm Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Hotel Apple Farm
- Apple Farm Inn Luis Obispo San