We stayed here with our toddler in Sept 2011. We decided to do so based on the reviews and also advice from family. Also the location is good next to 101 and with a trolley stop right outside. This hotel is a very cozy place, much like an oversized B & B. The decor is definitely "older", but that seems to be part of the charm. The furnishings are antique-like and the staff were very nice and aimed to please (with one exception which I will get to). The grounds, with the waterwheel, are very cute and the entire place has a very down-home fell about it. The restaurant was much like the hotel, with home style cooking and good food. Now the two problems....the first wasn't a big deal. When I made the reservation, we were promised that extra bedding would be waiting for us on the window/day bed so our daughter could use it. Nothing extra was there. Again, not a huge thing, but don't say it will be there if it isn't going to be. The second issue is the main reason that this is a 2 star rating instead of a 4 star. That is, that the room adjoining ours was undergoing renovations on both of our mornings there. So, on both days, 8am brought non-stop and very loud banging on our walls. It was almost comical. Since we were with our young daughter, we were up thankfully, but had we been on a romantic getaway and wanting to sleep in I would have been highly ticked. I think what bothered me most though was the fact that nothing of this was said to us at check-in. It's not hard to figure out which rooms would be affected by this work, so just tell me what's going on at check-in and that I should let you know if it becomes a problem. That would have been sufficient, because I understand that renovations need to occur from time to time. After the first morning, I did inform the desk manager that it was a problem. He was 'very sorry', but absolutely nothing was done about it. It surprised me because I really felt like this place prides itself on service. It was clearly lacking here. I would go back to the restaurant, but I doubt I would stay here again. It's ashame because it's a cute place and it was all avoidable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Apple Farm Inn is located near downtown San Luis Obispo and very close to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. All the rooms have fireplaces and complimentary wireless internet access. The property has a heated swimming pool, an on-site spa, a restaurant featuring comfort cuisine and an elaborate gift shop. It is centrally located for exploring the Central Coast with wineries and beaches no more than 10-15 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, T4B, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Apple Farm Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apple Farm Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Hotel Apple Farm
- Apple Farm Inn Luis Obispo San