“Ehhh” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Inn SLO Cal Poly

You added Budget Inn SLO Cal Poly to your Saves list
Budget Inn SLO Cal Poly
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 Olive Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93405 (Formerly Rodeway Inn)   |
Ranked #30 of 31 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
A TripAdvisor Member
“Ehhh”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I didn't expect much being it was a budget inn but it is a bit below par. Very noisy in the am. The toiletries that come in the room are the cheapest you can find. One day we didn't even get room service. One positive thing is a great location for walking to food places and close to and easy the freeway. Overall I probably would not stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
South Shields, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Me and my wife decided to stay here for a night and spend the extra money on beer and food!

It certainly wasn't luxury, but it was clean, comfortable and had everything you need and expect for $30!

It's $30!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rowland Heights, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

OMG, I don't even know where to start. I also wish I would have read the reviews first before I made an on line reservation. We were afraid that since it was the time of year for holiday travel, we wouldn't be able to find a room when we arrived in San Luis Obispo. Sad to say, there are LOTS of other places. When we drove up, it didn't look like anyplace we would want to stay. It looks much nicer on line. The clerk wouldn't hear of letting us change our minds; he was intent on charging my card for the 3 night reservation. Ok, my fault, so we suck it up and decide to see if we can tolerate this place. They told us that it had recently been remodeled. JOKE; they must have hired the local kindergarten class to paint and do the tile work. Very unprofessional. This place is OLD and very out of date. The beds feel like you are sleeping on plywood. Very hard and uncomfortable. The pillows are made of some rubbery material that make it hard to get comfortable. You will not sleep well here. I totally agree with a prior review, 'THIS IS A THIRD WORLD ARMPIT EXPERIENCE' . Definitely do not go into the office if you are looking for ice. The machine is broken and we were given a large storage baggie of ice that had been salvaged from somewhere.YUCK YUCK,YUCK. Also, the complimentary breakfast is a big fat joke. The office is tiny, and yet, they serve the cereal and juice from the tiny counter right there in the office. One last turn off, the office smells like a Curry Factory. I will NEVER find myself in a Budget in again in this life. The old saying, you get what you pay for never rang more true for me.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We only reason we picked this place was because it was our half way point to San Fransisco and needed a place to sleep. After we got into the room and lay down about 3 in the morning we heard so much noise outside. We did not know what was all the noise was about but it kept us up all night long.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I wish I had read these reviews first. This an obviously old property, they tried sprucing it up. Everything in our room was very nice, but that was the only thing going for this place. We were on the second floor, the floor squeaked when you walked on it. The next room's door squeaked very loudly, every time that knucklehead opened the door it sounded like it was right next to you. Several of the occupants staying there looked like long term tenants and fresh out of rehab. Traffic noise was bad, this was a very bad experience. Very surprised 'Rodeway Inn' is part of the name of this place.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

I'll never go back to this ashamed hotel again and will not recommend it to anyone either. The room is filthy, the so called "breakfast" is nothing more than some packaged pastries. Oh by the way, if the orange juice or coffee is empty, the owner will ask you to help him to get or make a new one. I wonder who works there, me or him?

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

I don't understand what everyone is complaining about.

My brother and I stayed here last week and it was great. There were problems, as mentioned, but some people really need to lighten up. I had a good laugh reading someone's description of the Rodeway as a "third world experience". Pretty awesome. It was worth the price I paid and I had a very relaxing night there. Some people need to travel outside of "Amarricaaaa" for some real world context and perspective.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Budget Inn SLO Cal Poly? Share your experiences!