“A great place to meet...” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 219 Restaurants in San Leandro
Cuisines: Japanese
Castro Valley, CA
“A great place to meet...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have a group who meets once a month and this is one of those places we have become fond of. The portions are generous for a Japanese restaurant and the staff is gracious. I eat sashimi as well as many other of their fine dishes. Their bento boxes are a favorite of several friends. It's a great local place and has a nice atmosphere as well. Just go and try it out!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Oakland, California
“Never disappointing - ALWAYS pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Besides serviding great sushi, Sushi Avenue has to get the "most friendly servers" award. The waitresses (and the occational waiter) ALWAYS greet you with a friendly Japanese welcome, are very gracious when waiting on tables, and always thank you (in Japanese) for dining with them as you depart. I always feel at home when dining at Sushi Avenue.

Visited March 2012
Morrisville, North Carolina
“Good sushi in San Leandro”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

This is my second visit to this place 0 the first one was about 3 years ago. The place did not change a bit, the food is still good. However, I would not call this place a destination for sushi lovers. While you definitely get what you pay for, their food is not outstanding.

Visited March 2012
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Friendly Service and good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

Friendly Service and good food.

san leandro,ca
“enjoyable lunch with the girls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

my Japanese friend took me and my mother for lunch to celebrate my moms visit from Ventura.the food just kept coming ,the very nice waitress brought us small appetitzers saying they were from the chief. what with our bento lunch boxes and side order of sushi and great Japanese beer, we were more than stuffed. took home the extras and enjoyed. we were there at the busy lunch hour, but service was fast and delightful. going back for dinner, my friend want us to enjoy the service of the delightful Japanese waitress who she says is funny. also i notice a gentleman waiting for his take out and was given a glass of water while he waited.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere