“Paper thin walls” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in San Leandro
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Paper thin walls”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Clean and comfortable. Front desk is very nice and helpful. Ask for an odd number room away from freeway and other guests. Guest to one side snored all night and it sounded like it was in the same room. Guests to other side talked all night and I could hear every word they said while I was laying in bed trying to sleep. I was able to sleep in Thanksgiving morning and the maid service sounded like they were lifting and dropping furniture. I couldn't believe how noisy. So much for a good rest.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Momi17, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear Marshall L,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. I greatly appreciate you letting others know how nice and helpful our staff is.
I am sorry you had a less than pleasant experience while staying with us and was not able to get a good nights rest.
Please give us another chance. We would love the opportunity to impress you and show you what a great hotel we have.

Momi De Deaux

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Inkpen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We stayed here one night on route from Yosemite to Albion River.
The staff were friendly and helpful throughout the hotel but it suffers from being so close to the free way.It was a nightmare to find and without the Tom Tom to guide me through the U turns and convoluted route from the free way I might be looking still.The room was large and comfortable with all the usual amenities although I do object to paper cups to make my morning coffee.
The breakfast included in the package was poor and not to any usual standard.The dining area is dominated by a large screen TV and populated with busy business people all loudly talking on their mobiles or to each other.I guess you deduct I did not enjoy breakfast. The evening meal was not too bad.It was edible and very fairly priced.The servers worked hard and were very attentive.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear emmanbee,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. We know many people read reviews and take a cue from guests like you.
Thank you for noticing how friendly and helpful our staff is throughout the hotel.
We are so sorry about the noise from the freeway. That is probably our biggest complaint and unfortunately, I guess that's the price we pay for being in a centralized area between Oakland, San Francisco, San Jose and Stockton.
The new paper cups in all Hilton Garden Inn rooms are so that you can make your own coffee in the rooms and be able to take your coffee to go with you without having to stop in the lobby. If you prefer having ceramic cups just let us know and we would be happy to place them in your room for you.
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your breakfast we generally get wonderful compliments.
I do hope that you will visit us again soon and give us another chance to dazzle you.

Momi DeDeaux
San Gabriel, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Awesome place to relax. Staff is very attentive and are very aware of what clients need. Highly recommend hotel for many reasons. Freeway access, location and how its a perfect gateway to both San Francisco, the Peninsula, San Jose and the East Bay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Momi17, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear emmanbee,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am sorry for the issues you came across in our restaurant. Your comments have been addressed with our staff. I do appreciate you acknowledging the hard work of our staff and for mentioning how attentive they can be.
All Hilton Garden Inn's now have paper coffee cups. This was because we have many guests who like to make their own coffee in the room and be able to take it to go with them instead of having to come to the lobby.
I am sorry for any issues you had with directions that were given. We are trying our best to correct any wrong directions that are on line.
Please give us another chance. We would like to have the opportunity to dazzle you and show you what a great hotel we have.

Eagle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Even though this is only a few feet from the highway, its a Good Value. Friendly staff and easy access to the highway (duh) makes this well worth considering. Price point is good, rooms are actually spacious and clean with new appointments. While the rooms roadside are not noisy, remember that when you get off the elevator.... odd numbers face residential side (and storage facility), even numbers face the "front" aka roadside. Lots of good Asian, Thai food in area.

Dear IdahoCarneys,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. We know many people read reviews and take a cue from guests like you.

Thanks for noticing our very friendly staff. We are happy to hear that you received the personal attention they like to give with each guest interaction.

We are sorry about the noise from the I-880. That is probably our biggest complaint and unfortunately, I guess that's the price we pay for being so close to all of the great things on I-880.

Thanks again and please think of us on your next visit to Oakland/San Leandro.

San Ramon, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

One of my favorite brands within the Hilton portfolio is the Hilton Garden Inn because you get so much without breaking the bank.

I recently stayed at this HGI and was quite impressed. First off, your initial impression upon arriving to the hotel, especially at night, may not be so favorable; it's smack dab facing the freeway, and there isn't anywhere within walking distance to grab a bite to eat. But once you get inside, it's like magic, as the lobby is so warm and inviting. Checking in was so fast, so friendly, many thanks to Monique!

My room was quite standard and consistent of every HGI I've stayed it but this particular location had a couple unique touches. In my room was a welcome letter, personalized to me, with a piece of chocolate. Also, in the bathroom, they had an individual pack of make up remover, sitting on top of the face towels. I had to think about it for a sec; I put two and two together and realized that it was an ingenious idea, as I'm sure make up simply ruins their face towels. I'm sure those of us who wear make up would appreciate this amenity. In addition to those items, the room had the usual Keurig machine, microwave, fridge, comp wifi and my favorite, the signature HGI adjustable beds which have to be the most comfy beds, ever! There was a slight cleanliness issue as I found a few strands of hair in the bathroom; one in the sink, one on top of the toilet reservoir, and one on the toilet seat. I'm not so squeamish about that, I'm a pro at staying at hotels, I've dealt with much worse situations, this was nothing.

I got a coupon for their breakfast but didn't use it as I was pressed for time, but hopefully I can use it on a future visit???

With that said, I can say that I'll definitely stay here again and would certainly recommend it!

Dear norcalnick,

Thank you for sharing all your wonderful compliments! I appreciate you noticing how friendly Monique is. She has a smile that makes you feel very welcomed and it just comes naturally. We are lucky to have her.
The welcome letter helps us to let you know you are important to us and we want your stay with us to be comfortable and to let you know we are here for you.
I agree the make remover is a brillant addition for us women. It is especially appreciated when we forget our own.
I am terribly sorry about the cleanliness issue. I assure you this is not our standard and it has been addressed with our housekeeping staff.
When you return please call me directly and I will make sure you have a breakfast coupon.
Again thank you for your wonderful comments and we will be waiting for your return!

Highland Village, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

was very clean, staff more than accommodating, l liked the fact it was non smoking throughout. They did have plenty of coffee, tea and little snacks for the guests. The rooms were large enough for 3 adults to stay in the room. WiFi was good easy access.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Alison W,

Thaks for spreading the word that we are a clean non-smoking hotel. We are so glad you noticed our housekeeping efforts.
Our friendly staff geniunely cares about making sure each guest feels safe and comfortable during their stays with us.
We have complimentary coffee in our lobby through out the day and in the evenings after 5pm we have warm granola bars that are delicious and a favorite of many of our guests.
We hope to have you return to us soon, where we have "Everything you need. Right where you need it."

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The hotel is about 30 min drive from downtown SFO (and in traffic probably more like 45 min to an hour but that's not unusual for SFO traffic) and a 20 min drive to our offices in San Bruno. The internet was free, the breakfast was made to order, service was friendly and speedy -really a great stay!

Dear Marina_JNB,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro and letting others know how you enjoyed your stay and that you like our team members. We too agree that our hotel is in a great central location.
Our staff takes pride in the service they give to each of our guests and I appreciate you acknowledging how friendly they are.
Please come and visit us again soon! We look forward to having you with us!

Momi De Deaux

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro? Share your experiences!