“Jewel on the Bay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in San Leandro
Hayward, California
“Jewel on the Bay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband surprise me with a dinner at Horatio's and when we were walking back to our car we noticed that there's another building next to the restaurant so we decided to check what they have there. We did not know that it's a hotel so we ended up staying since we are both tired & it's late anyway. We thought that we walk-in in an ordinary boutique hotel but when we saw the room we were so amazed of the lovely view of the bay. The room was clean and the bed is so comfortable. The linens smells so fresh & soft. When we went down to check around we were offered cookies & milk by the super nice front desk clerk and she even told us about the bikes and all of the amenities that they offer for free. We will definitely stay in this lovely hotel again and we will spread the news to our friends & family that we found a "Jewel on the Bay".

Room Tip: ask for deluxe room with the view of the marina on the upper floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

212 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Mechanicsville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We were THRILLED with The Marina Inn! The hotel is small and cozy which makes it easy to provide excellent customer service. The front desk staff took great care of our group and always had a smile and answers to our questions. They seemed eager to share the Bay area with us. There were milk and cookies for the guests every night. The room was small for three people, but perfectly comfortable, clean and beautiful. Be sure to get a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor with a view of the marina. That view is beautiful! The shower was amazing...great water pressure and roomy shower. The breakfast is perfect! Muffins, toast, bagels, donuts, variety of cereals, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, juices, waffle, TONS of fruit and yogurt (which made me very happy). You can eat healthy and still be too full for lunch! :) The price point is perfect as well. You certainly get what you pay for and then some. The best part of the hotel is the location. Right on the water and surrounded by beautiful, well mainted walking/running trails along the water for those who live an active lifestyle. Our group of ten had an amazing time at the Marina Inn and we will definitely return!

Room Tip: Rooms on the second and third floors on the marina side offer wonderful views!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Bloomfield, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

As I am from Connecticut and in the SF area for business, my host made the reservations for me. I was THRILLED with everything! The staff is outstanding and goes well beyond what is necessary to make guests happy. For my one "non-working" day of this 4 days trip, they laid out a map of what to see and how to navigate BART. They also took me to and from the BART station. The room was immaculate with a wonderful view over the pool and hot tub area to the waters of the marina beyond. Housekeeping did an exceptional job daily. I saw no vermin or I would have been long gone. The free continental breakfast was more than sufficient. I had oatmeal, a fresh fruit cup, yogurt, juice and mint tea daily...okay I cheated once for the toasted cinnamon raisin bread. Anyone who has complaints about this needs to leave the FREE and CONTINENTAL part of breakfast alone and go out and pay some money somewhere else. This exceeds what is normally available at other hotels when they say "free." There was also a waffle maker there and several choices of cold cereal available. No complaints from me. My room (322) was lovely and comfortable. There was ample work space for all my electronics and the bathroom was spacious with a lovely walk-in shower (good shower head to get all the shampoo out of your hair). Perfect lighting for makeup and a magnifying mirror attached to the wall. I walked next door to the restaurant, Horatio's Restaurant, where I had very good seafood and very good service. I highly recommend this place and will stay here again when in the SF area.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Amelia Island, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Even though this Inn is located on a Marina, which is lovely, this place is not.. We were treated to a horrible night ~ fleas covering our sheets, coming out of a hole in the bathroom. Yogurt for breakfast that was not chilled and caused us to have severe stomach issues. Did not receive our cookie when we checked in because they were "out of them". Customer service sucks, food almost killed us, and the General Manager did nothing for our Steven King like night at her Inn.

Do not stay here unless you want to have fleas joining you in bed..

Room Tip: Not here...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Maple Falls, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stay in hotels over 200 days a year, from the east coast to the west coast and Canada. This is the one hotel I always look forward to. This hotel is always clean and caring and the staff will seize any opportunity to make your stay more comfortable. There are many hotels that provide shuttle service to the airport, almost none that will be your designated driver to and from the local watering holes, this one does. The staff here are always positive and professional. Golf course and driving range next door, jogging trail and bike riding path out the door, view that you never get tired of. I'm sorry that I will not be in this area for next few months, but I know where I'm staying the next time in the SF Bay Area.

Room Tip: Sta y 2nd or 3rd floor overlooking the marina. Thew view and fresh air are terrific.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Booked this hotel based on numerous "excellent reviews" and I was happy I did. Our room was clean. Free wifi/free breakfast. Beds are comfy. There's a fridge & microwave in every room too. The staff is friendly & helpful. They have a shuttle that took us to and from the BART station (we went to SF almost everyday).We also enjoyed the park near the hotel. My son enjoyed free cookies & milk in the afternoons. The only reason I'm not giving them 5 stars is because there's only 2 restaurants near the hotel which gave us limited choices. We will definitely come back! (And no, we don't get a discount if we give a good review).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jonesborough, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel many times over the past 10 years. It's located at the San Leandro marina and offers two decent resturants beside it and also some nice areas to walk in during the evening hours. The rooms are always clean and well appointed. The staff is friendly and their breakfast always fills my morning needs.

(BTW, they offer free milk and fresh baked cookies each evening...)

It's not a 5 star hotel, but you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay? Share your experiences!