“Noisy. The night we stay there students rented a room for prom night.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Capistrano Inn

You added BEST WESTERN Capistrano Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Capistrano Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27174 Ortega Highway, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Surprise, Arizona, Usa
“Noisy. The night we stay there students rented a room for prom night.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Screaming and whistling and knocking on room 402 thru out the night. The front office knew about the noise but did not called the police to stop this bad behavior. At 1:00 a.m. they still were screaming in the halls and whistling . Several customer compliant to the front desk but the noise continued. We will never stay at this B.W. again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Robert G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Capistrano Inn, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay at The Best Western Capistrano Inn. We are disappointed a few loud guests ruined your stay with us. Hotel procedures will be reviewed to address this issue and to prevent such incidents from occurring in the future. I am disappointed we could not provide the service we strive for. Thank you for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
WOODLAND HILLS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I've been here several times when I see shows at The Coach House. and plan on doing it again. It is walking distance from the train station, the mission, and the downtown section as well. The last time I went I found out that they provided shuttle service to and from The Coach House as well! They said it was a common occurrence for them.

Over the years, I have seen this place evolve from a simple cinderblock motel into a pleasant stay with a showing of commitment to updating itself and staying relevant. The lobby is bright and inviting and the staff is friendly and still gives the feeling of being in a small community. That's an accomplishment for a stay at a hotel chain.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was my first stay at this property and I would say I would definitely come back. I booked two rooms on Hotwire and paid $70 each for a Sunday night. I was going to Laguna Beach for the day but since the rooms were about double I decided a fifteen minute drive wouldn't be so bad. My party arrived in San Juan Capistrano around noon so we decided to call to see if we could possibly check in any earlier than the 3 pm check in. To our surprise, the front desk said both of our rooms were ready and it was no problem. We were delighted because we wanted to drop off our stuff before heading out to Laguna. Check in was a breeze and the front desk staff was very friendly. We went to our rooms but it turned out only one was really ready. We didn't make a fuss since we were technically early. We just dropped off everything in the done room and left. By the time we got back later, both rooms were in order and very clean. The beds were comfortable enough (the kids loved them), the flat screen was great, and the bathroom was nicely remodeled (the sink area). In the room I was in, the shower pressure was great. Our fridge did not work but since we had two rooms, we just used the one that worked.

As far as freeway traffic, I did not notice that problem one bit as reported by others. I was roughly closer to the front of the property (across from the swimming pool) but it was not an issue at all. My kids loved the fact that we were across from the pool and they used it as well as the jacuzzi. What I also liked about this place was the guest laundry. Since we had went to the beach, we could wash all the kid's beach towels and swimsuits therefore eliminating lugging home wet clothes. The wash/dry was $1.25 and they provided free soap. Not too bad I thought.

So I really only have two complaints about this place. One is that the ground level rooms are subject to the noise of footsteps above. This wasn't constant but at night there were several times when you could hear the person moving around on the floor above. I would recommend a top floor room to avoid this. Thankfully, the noises did not continue all night and we were able to get some rest. My second complaint would have to be about the continental breakfast. Of course we weren't expecting much but they had run out of several items including cream cheese for the bagels. Most of my party eats bagels so we wondered what would we do with just bagels and no cream cheese. Most kids opted for hard boiled eggs. Besides that, there was some yogurt, oatmeal, cereal, pancakes, and packaged danish. So again, we didn't expect too much from breakfast but it held us over til after our mission visit.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay even with the minor imperfections. It was a good value for the area and all that surrounded it.

Room Tip: Book a top floor room about mid property by pool
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Robert G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Capistrano Inn, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
The Best Western Capistrano Inn encourages all guest feedback. The time reviewing your stay is appreciated. It helps inform us of how to better serve our next guest. Our goal will always be to improve and exceed our guest expectations. Your business is valued and your experience is motivating and encouraging to my staff and I.

Robert Grether
Best Western Capistrano Inn
949-493-5661 Ext.450
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Big rooms, clean hotel, easy free parking. A bit of a long walk to the downtown shops and, restaurants, you may want to drive down and park. It's the only hotel in the immediate area so it has to do. Would recommend it for a night or two if you are going to see the mission and historic downtown area or are in town for business, otherwise the nearby beach city hotels are better located for walking to amenities..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Attended a concert at The Coach House and stayed here. Informed them that I was going to have a little before & after party with sime friends and my room was located in the back with a balcony and a nice view of the western hillside. Perfect. I will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to BEST WESTERN Capistrano Inn? Share your experiences!