“Nice little gem for lunch... Nice patio.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Irvine, California
“Nice little gem for lunch... Nice patio.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Right across the street from the mission. Owner/server very nice. French onion soup excellent..nice and cozy inside. Good ahi sandwich and curry chicken sandwich.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Culver City, California
“Great spot for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

After touring the mission and taking a walking tour of historic San Juan Capistrano, I stopped at L 'Hirondelle for lunch. It was a nice afternoon, so I sat on the patio. The restaurant is peaceful and away from the normal flow of tourists. In fact, I struck up a conversation with a couple of locals at the next table and they wondered how I'd found the place. (Thank you, Trip Advisor!)

I enjoyed a 1/2 bottle of Chardonnay and the salad special of the day - the Nicoise ........ followed by an espresso.

Service was great - and the value for the meal was good.

I'd like to go back for dinner - or even another lunch on the tranquil patio again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Laguna Niguel, CA.
“Good but now Expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We have been going to this Restaurant for years. It was excellent but now through a few new owners it is not quite a good and much more expensive. Still a nice place for a pleasant dinner out.

Visited February 2013
phoenix
“Just...WOW!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at Sarducci's, and my wife was craving creme brulee for dessert. Sarducci's didn't have it, so we walked down the street and found this place. It was a little after 8:00 and when we got to the door, it had a "closed" sign in the window. There were still lots of people dining inside, so my wife decided to see if we could get the creme brulee to go. Since they were closed, I expected them to say, "sorry, we're closed", but they said, "have a seat and I'll see what I can do." We sat in the entry on a comfy couch in front of the fire. The manager came over and verified our order, brought roses, candles, a table cloth, and water and set the table in the waiting area just for us. It was a perfect way to end the evening. This is why they are the #1 restaurant in san Juan Capistrano.

• Visited March 2013