“Fun little restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dallas, TX
“Fun little restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Had lunch here after touring the Mission. The food was excellent and the ambiance was lovely. We dined on their patio by the fountain. We had no trouble getting seated and the waiter was very helpful. Thoroughly enjoyed our meal. It was closed the last time we went, but it was a Monday so I'm hoping that is just their regular closing day. I would hate for the restaurant to go away.

• Visited August 2012

91% Recommend
Laguna Niguel, California
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

This is our first visit. My husband ordered the sweetbread it was phenomenal. I had the petit rack of lamb. Finger licking good. Great romantic ambiance and delightful staff. We will be back!

Laguna Beach, California
“Still wonderful....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Just went to L'Hirondelle for the first time in years (since the original owner passed away). I have to say, everything was just as wonderful as the first time I was there. Looking forward to going back again soon!

• Visited August 2012
Rosemead, California
“THE PATIO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I ate at "L'Hirondelle Restaurant" in San Juan Capistrano, CA on 4/18/2012. I've eaten there before. It's a wonderful place to have lunch when traveling from Los Angeles to San Diego. The name is the French word for the bird known to us as the Swallow. They have excellent food and service. My personal favorite is their salmon sandwich. Make sure that you sit out on the patio (if the weather permits) --- as it makes a beautiful setting for your meal.

• Visited April 2012
Martinsville, Virginia
“Lovely ending to a beautiful day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

A friend and I stumbled across this little gem after a day visiting the Mission San Juan Capistrano. As we were contemplating the menu posted outside a man stuck his head out of a passing car and yelled "the food is really good there." So we went on in, and both of us are very glad we did. The decor is charming, the service is excellent - very attentive and prompt - and the food was extremely good. I had duck, with the chef's sauce, and my companion had the tarragon chicken, and both were very well done. The house salad dressing with fresh dill was marvelous, and the fresh fig gelato (which we shared at the suggestion of our server) was phenomenal. The evening was capped by a "serenade" from the bells of the basilica, just across the street. I highly recommend this lovely little restaurant if you're in San Juan Capistrano.