“Lovely ending to a beautiful day” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Martinsville, Virginia
“Lovely ending to a beautiful day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

A friend and I stumbled across this little gem after a day visiting the Mission San Juan Capistrano. As we were contemplating the menu posted outside a man stuck his head out of a passing car and yelled "the food is really good there." So we went on in, and both of us are very glad we did. The decor is charming, the service is excellent - very attentive and prompt - and the food was extremely good. I had duck, with the chef's sauce, and my companion had the tarragon chicken, and both were very well done. The house salad dressing with fresh dill was marvelous, and the fresh fig gelato (which we shared at the suggestion of our server) was phenomenal. The evening was capped by a "serenade" from the bells of the basilica, just across the street. I highly recommend this lovely little restaurant if you're in San Juan Capistrano.

Huntington Beach, California
“Beautiful patio”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We sat on the lovely patio for a lunch to celebrate our anniversary. The soup was wonderful...chicken curry. My husband had the sea bass and I had Poulet Marie...both tasty and well prepared. The only disappointment was the potatoes...lovely presentation but instant potatoes...not good!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tampa
“Outstanding Service and Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Had the chance to sit outside on the patio during the best of weather. The food was very well prepared - service could not have been better. Will be back.

Visited June 2012
“c'est magnifique!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

The service was exceptional...gracious and efficient.
The food is phenomenal. Our family has general managers in the restaurant industry and they were completely happy with everything. The appetizers, entrees, dessert, all were delicious. Our favorites were the house salad, peppered/smoked mackerel appetizer, lamb bucco, & trout.
They have an excellent wine and beer menu that caters to any taste.
The owners are on site, attending to the diners, and making sure that the meal is an event to remember. We were there on Fathers' Day and were rewarded with an excellent cigar to go!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Berwyn, Illinois
“Enjoyable birthday lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

We went here for my birthday...a treat from my daughter and son-in-law. The wait for the Ramos Cafe was too long so we choose L'Hirondelle as an alternative. I'm glad we did! It was not crowded and we had a friendly and efficient waitress. I had grilled trout...which was excellent! My husband had scrambled eggs and salmon and was quite pleased with it. Everyone enjoyed their meals...and the grandkids were even well-behaved! Prices were fair for the quality of the food. I'd definitely go there again when in San Juan Capistrano.

• Visited April 2012