“Outstanding Service and Food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Tampa
“Outstanding Service and Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Had the chance to sit outside on the patio during the best of weather. The food was very well prepared - service could not have been better. Will be back.

Visited June 2012

91% Recommend
“c'est magnifique!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

The service was exceptional...gracious and efficient.
The food is phenomenal. Our family has general managers in the restaurant industry and they were completely happy with everything. The appetizers, entrees, dessert, all were delicious. Our favorites were the house salad, peppered/smoked mackerel appetizer, lamb bucco, & trout.
They have an excellent wine and beer menu that caters to any taste.
The owners are on site, attending to the diners, and making sure that the meal is an event to remember. We were there on Fathers' Day and were rewarded with an excellent cigar to go!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Berwyn, Illinois
“Enjoyable birthday lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

We went here for my birthday...a treat from my daughter and son-in-law. The wait for the Ramos Cafe was too long so we choose L'Hirondelle as an alternative. I'm glad we did! It was not crowded and we had a friendly and efficient waitress. I had grilled trout...which was excellent! My husband had scrambled eggs and salmon and was quite pleased with it. Everyone enjoyed their meals...and the grandkids were even well-behaved! Prices were fair for the quality of the food. I'd definitely go there again when in San Juan Capistrano.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Juan Capistrano, CA
“Wonderful Special Occasion Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

This is our go-to restaurant for special occasions. We've been here dozens of times over the years and have never been disappointed. The atmosphere is warm and inviting... kind of a rustic elegance. The food and wine are exceptional. It's a little expensive, but worth it! I highly recommend the escargot for an appetizer and, if you like caramel, you must try the coupe maison for dessert. Some reviewers indicate that this place is not suited for kids, but our kids have been dinning at L'Hirondelle's since they were infants. The staff always make them feel special and they enjoy the food very much.

Visited February 2012
San Juan Capistrano, California, United States
“Best Romantic Dining Spot In Town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

My husband and I went out to dinner to L'Hirondelle in March. I have drove, jogged, and walked by this little, quiet, and very quiant restuarant for several years now and smelled some good food cooking. I decided to try it. My husband and I were blown over by the excellent service. Our glass of water was never empty. The food was four star quality. My husband had the rack of lamb which, was to die for! I had the rabbit which, was also to die for! The carrot soup was lovely on a rainy cold evening. The dessert of Cherries Jubilee for 2 was one of the best desserts I ever put in my mouth. We will definitely will be going to L'Hirondelle again. We will be taking our son their for Mother's Day brunch!! I recommend this restaurant highly for a romantic evening out to it being to celebrate one wedding engagement, to wedding anniversary or a great meal you would love to share with someone special in your life!! I highly recommend this restaurant. L'Hirondelle has an impeccable wine list too!

• Visited March 2012