“A great place for brunches and lunches.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cedar Creek Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Californian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: El Camino Real
California
“A great place for brunches and lunches.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

It is close to the Mission Basilica San Juan Capistrano and great for going to brunch on Sunday. I hear the bar menu is also excellent and will try that. have been here many times for lunch.

Visited April 2013

88% Recommend
NOVI, MICHIGAN
“Delightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My family has been visiting this restaurant for a number of years. We are always pleased with the menu offerings. The wait staff is great. We prefer to sit outdoors in the beautiful garden setting.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Irvine, CA
“Excellent on every level.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We had lunch at this restaurant quite a few years ago and wanted to see if it still was as enjoyable as we found it on our last visit.

It was an even better experience! Our waiter, Rueben, was a delight. Funny, knowledgeable and provided wonderful service.

We all ordered a different entrée and we were all very happy with our selections. Salads were fresh, meat dish was well prepared and my crab and scallop cakes were very, very good.

We will be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Scottsdale
“Great find when traveling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Just passing through San Juan on vacation and saw reviews on trip advisor
Exceeded our expectations .. Great food and super service on the patio ..
Food presentation was excellent and added to experience

Visited April 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Rehearsal dinner -- turned out great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Our son got married in San Juan Capistrano, and we wanted the rehearsal dinner to be conveniently nearby in the town. There didn't seem to be a lot to choose from which would nicely accommodate 40-60 people (our family rehearsal dinners are always pretty big), but we sampled a couple on a visit and were satisfied with the Cedar Creek Inn. However, since we live about 3000 miles away from there, I would have to finalize all the arrangements long distance. Over a period of several months I made a number of telephone calls and sent emails back and forth, and felt reasonably sure that we had the room reserved for the right date, but a lot of the other aspects always felt a little bit "fluid", and nobody seemed interested in taking my credit card info, which would have made me feel more secure. A couple of weeks before the wedding I sent an email to the Events Manager outlining all the arrangements (numbers, menu, time, table settings, etc.) which I wished to have confirmed. Ten days later I had to telephone to ask why my email had gone unanswered. Everybody was always friendly and assured me that we had a reservation on file, but I had some difficulty connecting with the actual Events Manager, and was still waiting to receive a copy of the wine list to make our selections. Still, it all seemed to be coming together bit by bit.

I arrived in San Juan Capistrano three days before the wedding day, went immediately to the restaurant, and finally met the Events lady herself -- she did not inspire confidence, not being the kind of outgoing, take-charge person most likely to have that kind of job. She still seemed a little fuzzy about the menu (though she did steer me towards a better dessert choice), and it was only then that I discovered there might be other diners in the room (which was bigger than I had remembered). But I was satisfied that things would be okay, and after all, you want the wedding dinner to be the really big deal.

On the evening of the dinner, the Events Manager was not in attendance. However, she had assembled a wait staff assigned entirely to our dinner (I think it was about six people) with a team manager who was completely on top of things. All the wait staff were friendly and helpful, the room looked great, and our guests from both families were buzzing with excitement. The Food was excellent, proportions extremely generous (that dessert was actually TOO big!), good wine, and we were able to enjoy our dinner without any great notice of other diners in the booths along the wall. We were especially pleased with the scampi entree -- so often such dishes are big on presentation and slim on actual scampi, but this one had plenty of large and tasty scampi, with excellent potato and vegetable sides.

The restaurant has very warm and comfortable decor, and is directly across the street from the historic Mission site. Our dinner was in the large indoor space, but there is also a nice bar and a bid outdoor patio area (where we had previously enjoyed a good lunch). The restaurant has to rent table linens for party events, and does not have its own arrangement with a florist, but these items were all in place and looked wonderful. (I found my own florist and she was GREAT! "Floral Occasions" in San Juan Capistrano.) So, despite the preparation process going a little less than smoothly, the experience in general was very good, and I'd certainly recommend the Cedar Creek Inn to the visitor to this wonderful little mission town.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere