“Please stop calling this Italian” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #920 of 1,696 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Italian
San Jose
“Please stop calling this Italian”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We tried this a couple of times and I'll admit that it has been a while since I've been there- I'll never go back, but others have only confirmed my first impressions- this is not *good* italian food. The pasta is not al dente or very good- and it is a PASTA shop. The sauces are sugary and lack flavor. It is far from authentic.
I am bias, my wife's family comes from Tuscany and I've had great sugos from Lucca, Pisa, Florence, Siena, and many other Italian cities. The farthest south I've gone is Rome which I can't remember the sugo, but I know it was better than Di Puccio's sugo which is probably best to be called a sauce- an American sauce. Frankly I like Ragu or Prego better.

Visited July 2013

San Jose, California
“Excellent value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Great Italian food for a very fair price. It's a hole-in-the-wall style restaurant that seems to mainly employ highschool students who are very respectful.

Check out the sausages if you get a chance to stop by...killer! I had the chicken parmesan as well, quite delicious.

• Visited September 2012