“Enjoyed our stay but....” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #16 of 73 Hotels in San Jose
placentia
“Enjoyed our stay but....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We loved everything except that is set up as a motel. All rooms face the parking lot and noisy smokers kept talking outside until I opened my doors and went off at them (after midnight!!).
The staff is excellent! The rooms are very nice, updated HIE quaility. We had a nice welcome basket and bottles of water because we joined the HIE Club.
This locations offeres a Winchester House package which is a great value but the location is too far.
The breakfast is great!!! Tons of food and staff was again great!
Small pool with detached hot tub. I would stay here again if we came back to SJ. But, I would want a room close to the main office and away from the smokers corner.

Room Tip: Join the HIE club to get little perks
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

I usually stay at HIEs wherever I go, but the AM front desk hostess, Kopal, was especially cordial and helpful on 7.8.12. She made sure the pancake batter was made in a timely manner, and I just felt very taken care of during breakfast. I would stay here again if I were in town just because she was so nice. Thank you HIE and Kopal!

• Stayed July 2012
Roseburg, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

It's been a long time since I've been to a "travel" type of hotel that has been this good. When we arrived, the clerk was very friendly, we could understand her English, and she provided a great "goodie bag" with popcorn, energy bars, chips, etc. Our room was spotlessly clean, updated with granite etc., and with two complimentary bottles of water.

We stayed 5 nights and the housekeeping was perfect. Our room was really cleaned every day, and we got 2 complimentary bottles of water every day. The pool and hot tub were also clean, clean, clean. The public bathrooms were beautiful and spotless. Grounds beautiful with lots of flowers and plants.

The motel was pretty quiet, even though it was on a busy street. The sheets were nice and the bed was super comfortable---no morning backaches. The taqueria at the super market next door was wonderful---very affordable and delicious.

Again, I can't say enough about this place. Spotlessly clean and friendly service. Great place!

Room Tip: It's best to ask for a room farthest away from the street.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stayed two days with the whole family there. Rooms are big, nice and clean. The pool is not big, but good for nice swim.
The people at the reception are very nice, friendly all the time.
Kopal served us coffee from the rich breakfat buffet and asked whether she could do anything more fur us.. And they even had fresh pancakes from a pancake maker.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Lindon, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I had a great stay at this hotel. The property appears to be very recently renovated. The room was very clean, the bathroom was clean, the bed was comfortable. The AC worked great and kept me very comfortable. My only request for update is more Power Plugs. I would stay here again and recommend that others do too. The staff was very friendly and very dedicated to me having a good experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Chandler, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I stay at Holiday Inn properties almost every week and this one was by far the worst.
It looks like an old renovation on a Motel 6. The beds are very old and not comfortable. I had all HARD pillows and asked for a soft one from the desk. They claimed thay had none to give. Then the best of all were the ROACHES in the bathroom when I awoke.
The HIE at the airportis MUCH BETTER!
I will never stay here again and suggest you don't either.

Room Tip: DOnt stay here. Stay at the Holiday Inn express at the Airportor anywhere but here.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Jose Central City, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear AJP959,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to San Jose.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Last time I stayed her I gave this hotel a good review. After staying there again last week thing have changed. The rates have skyrocketed for the type of property location, even if your a priority member. they make you sign a waver stating that the room rates will be different depending on the day of the week.Usually cheapest on Sunday, getting higher Monday and Tues., and higher yet on Wed. I don't know about the rest of the week but can only assume the same thing occurs. So before you stay here make sure you know what your paying so as not to be surprised like I was, and not happy. The grounds are still pretty and the breakfast was good, but watch your rates. Some downtown hotels are newer and cheaper.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back seem a little quieter, but you still get jets landing a lot of the time as it...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Jose Central City, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Dear acdc5348,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express San Jose Central City. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Thanks,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Jose Central City? Share your experiences!