“Close in proximity to the airport and tourist interest in the area.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton San Jose - Silicon Valley

You added Four Points by Sheraton San Jose - Silicon Valley to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton San Jose - Silicon Valley
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   399 Silicon Valley Blvd., San Jose, CA 95138 (Formerly Holiday Inn San Jose-Silicon Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #39 of 73 Hotels in San Jose
San Fernando, California
“Close in proximity to the airport and tourist interest in the area.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel room was clean and spacious. For the price we paid for comparisons on other hotels it was too expensive. The hotel itself has not room service there are times service is provided by the hotel across the parking lot. Food arrive cold and milk for the babies was warm. Many functions going on at the hotel parking was difficult. On Saturday night their was much noise up and down the hall ways and people in rooms were just very loud and made it difficult to sleep, after 11:00 pm. If you look at the just the room it was more than adequate, beds were firm and I sure I could have had a good night sleep if it had not been for the noise. No real food or good snack service in the hotel. They had a very small and old microwave to warm up food, microwave took a long time and the food choices could have been of a healthy and better quality. They could have put frozen products from Trader Joes.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I do have a love/ hate relationship with this hotel. I think it started with the fact that it is called "Silicon Valley", which may technically be correct, but you don't really find too many high tech companies out there....
I am staying here mainly because it is a clean hotel that belongs to the Starwood Group with friendly staff and rates, that are (most of the times) compatible with the travel guidelines of the company I am working for.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

Stayed at the Sheraton for 4 nights when visiting the area for a concert. Housekeeping didn't clean my room after the first night. I had to ask at the front desk. Subsequent days the room was cleaned. The property is nice but sound filters into the room from hallway and upstairs rooms. Recommend upper floors because of noise.

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked this at the last minute based on price and availability. They've "renovated" in the past few years but it was mostly just putting lipstick on a pig.

The room was clean but elements were dated or tired. They've upgraded certain elements but have a ways to go.

The restaurant/bar is only open for dinner so don't expect much. I didn't eat there (it was still closed at 5) so I was forced to buy an over-priced Coke and powerbar at the front desk.

Look around: there are better options in the Valley.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Shanghai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel seems to be in the middle of nowhere, not a place to come without a car. They don't serve lunch in working days and closest restaurants are more than a mile away. Restaurant for breakfast (you get a coupon for 14 dollars that is enough) and for dinner in front of the property offers good food.
Also in the positive side, the Coyote creek trail is very close to enjoy nature walking or jogging. Also sleep quality is good, very quiet place.
The staff was nice, special mention to Laine, that always helped me very efficiently with a truly and sincere smile.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is regarding our reservation at Four Points by Sheraton in Silicon Valley and direct interaction with Rosanna Ochoa the night of May 2, 2015.

This stay was booked through Hotels.com in which I have brought this situation up with them directly and they have fixed the situation and have made amends.

First off, I hate to have to go out of my way to write this strongly-worded letter as I am one to just move on. But from the interaction I had with this individual, I felt that she needs to be reprimanded and that I needed to be that specific customer to bring it to surface in the eyes of management and beyond.

My party and I attempted to check-in after a long night of celebrating with friends and family, only to find out that the hotel was fully booked, even though we booked our room in advance. I was never made aware by anyone that there was a "last call" of when to check-in. This was a legitimate contract in that I pay, and a room will be provided. Scott at the front desk tried to right the situation by giving us a "walk letter" and we were ready to be on our merry way with letter in possession. Then comes Ms. Rosanna Ochoa waving title and all, that she cannot do anything about the overbooked hotel and even went beyond to REVOKE our walk-letter. Appalled was all of our reaction. If she is waving her mighty title and states that there is nothing she can do, yet her "lowly" new worker, Scott, was able to right the situation yet she she chose to revoke our needed night of sleep, how is it possible that there was a solution but she did not want to explore that avenue with us, especially since we were returning customers? The way she spoke to us and how she handled herself was not appropriate and treated us as if we had no status of even being customers. Ms. Ochoa went beyond to say that it was just something she couldn't do, not would not do. There is a big difference in tone and meaning. She did not empathize with us nor did she even sympathize of the mistake that someone else made. When I called Hotels.com they couldn't believe that our reservation was not honored that they wanted to double-check for themselves as they have a reputation to keep as well. To their surprise, the hotel was fully booked and they continued to right the situation from their end. Ms. Rosanna Ochoa had yet to have that mentality within her capacity. I do not know how she climbed this ladder of customer service, but I need to see to it that someone like her cannot and should not move further in your industry, especially representing your company and chain.

I am not anyone special in this vast world of increased population, but your company choosing her as your "Director of Corporate Sales & Events" couldn't see past taking care of us even knowing we could be potential future loyal customers, says a lot about your management team and who you are picking to represent you when your eyes are closed. I am extremely saddened as we have future events in the Silicon Valley, but I assure you I will go out of my way to not stay at this facility.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I would like a follow-up on the actions that are being taken to right this situation on your end.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Lamia S, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We are saddened to hear you had such a disappointing experience at our hotel. We understand there can be a good amount of confusion when booking through a third-party site and we apologize for any failings on our part to not only communicate how long we can hold a room for, but for not dealing with the situation with the consistent, above-and-beyond customer service we expect from ourselves.

We invite you to directly book future stays on our hotel website to ensure we are able to communicate our most up-to-date terms and conditions.

We are happy to learn that our General Manager, David Rassas, was able to get in touch with you and your wife to rectify the misunderstanding. We look forward to seeing you when taking advantage of the complimentary suite accommodation that was awarded the next time you are in San Jose. We wish you all the best.
Milpitas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place was awful at every turn!
I only booked here because Downtown SJ was full due to the convention. For this, I forgive the distance and inconvenience to get to the hotel.

-Front desk was rude upon check in. My Amex magnetic stripe didn't read upon it's first pass, so the clerk loudly said that my "card was declined, and that I can't stay here" in full volume of other people in the lobby. What is that???

He then slid it again upon my request and it went through.

-The condition of the room was awful; there was wallpaper peeling up, and suspect stains all over the walls and cracked tile floors.

It's obvious that the ownership needs to sell. These people have no business being a Starwood Property.

Stayed May 2015
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide us with the details of your most recent stay at our hotel. We are sorry to hear you had such a disappointing experience during your stay. Our Front Desk team is trained in always providing top-not, above-and-beyond customer service and we sincerely apologize if we fell short on that expectation. Please know your experience will be shared with the team as an opportunity to learn and improve, as this is not the norm.

We also apologize for the condition of your guest room. Your feedback is very helpful in pinpointing aspects that need improvement and we will work directly with housekeeping to better maintain these areas. Thank you again for taking the time to write us a review and we hope that you will reconsider staying with us again so that we can better represent the standards of our brand. Take care.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton San Jose - Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!