“Solid, if basic, choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton San Jose - Silicon Valley

You added Four Points by Sheraton San Jose - Silicon Valley to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton San Jose - Silicon Valley
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   399 Silicon Valley Blvd., San Jose, CA 95138 (Formerly Holiday Inn San Jose-Silicon Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #38 of 74 Hotels in San Jose
Las Vegas
“Solid, if basic, choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

I stayed one night here with my wife while visiting friends. I found the property clean, large, and nicely appointed. The rates are favorable to the area and better still, free parking. WIFI is free as well and I found it to be a decent speed. My SPG gold status was promptly recognized which is always nice. Although we didn't eat here, there is a restaurant across the parking lot and the hotel serves breakfast. The sundries store was small and limited...really just a little bit of counter space. The staff was friendly and the lobby large. The only complaint is that the shower head was all corroded up. Otherwise, the room was in decent shape. When passing through, I wouldn't hesitate to stop here again.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
San Juan Capistrano, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I have stayed at many properties in the Bay Area. Usually I will stay at a 4 Points because they are simply adequate and I have some tasks to accomplish in the area. This time I was moving my college student back on campus. I expect 4 Points as Starwood's lower end chain to be just OK. However, THIS one, about 10 minutes south of downtown San Jose, was very well placed. Once there, BEFORE you hit the maze of freeway interchanges and directions, you can pretty much get wherever you are going in the South Bay/Silicon Valley area easily.

As far as the property goes, the Coyote Creek multipurpose trail is right behind the hotel. I went on a pleasant post-drive run. I also worked out in the fitness room. It was OK to good. I liked the abs stand and the treadmills were fine. It didn't smell like rubber like another 4 Points I stayed in.

Since the exterior still looks pretty 90's, the property has obviously been remodeled. While I don't think all the art/photo choices and the "modern" spherical footrests will hold up, it was surprisingly and pleasantly up to date. There was even a wedding going on.

The rooms were just right. My only complaint is they need a bit more or brighter lighting and the power strips on the sides of the beds were loose. Beds super comfy. I appreciated how they re-purposed the older hotel furniture. Bathroom was light and bright and clean, but toilet sat pretty low. Also, I still don't like those shower dispensers. I bring my own stuff. There were convenient baskets in the shower to keep it all.

Parking in the back was inaccessible to the front entrances. I don't know if they closed off any access during the remodel.

I needed tea, and the staff person gave me 5 bags (generous). I used them all. Convenient Lucky market and gas and fast food is across 101 on Bernal Road.

Got everywhere I needed to be in 10 minutes. I hope all 4 Points are being remodeled like this one.

Room Tip: Upstairs is probably less noisy. Get a room near the lobby/main entrance.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Check-in was routine and quick. The front-desk staff were pleasant and helpful. Access to the room was easy and straight forward. I had a suite on the second floor. When you enter the room, you walk into the living area, which also has a bar area with a microwave and small refrigerator. The bedroom is in a separate room. The shower and bathroom vanity are also in two different rooms. The suite has two large flat screen televisions (living area and bedroom). The living area and bedroom have individual heating/cooling units controlled by separate thermostats. My room had a balcony, which was nice in the morning and evening. The room was clean and no issues other than normal wear and tear that you see in almost every hotel that is not brand new. The hotel has a bar and restaurant. I stopped at the bar after unpacking for a drink and something to eat. The bartender was friendly. I ordered some dinner, which was delivered quickly. The food was good, which means I would eat there again. The front parking area can be full if you arrive late, but hey it is California and there is never enough parking. The room rates are reasonable and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back side of the hotel to avoid the parking lot and Hwy 101 noise.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here for one night after shopping at the Gilroy outlet (20 mins south from the hotel). Check-in was smooth, and we were assigned in the first floor not too far from the lobby. The hotel building is spanish style with nice lobby. SPG Platinum receives continental breakfast at the restaurant. It is located across the parking lot. Dining area is average size but enough for what we need. I recommend this hotel for any travelers looking for a night stay before continuing journey north towards SF area.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The location is ideal for many who come on visits or business to Silicon valley ,San Jose.
The views from all their rooms are absolutely breathtaking overlooking the blue ridge mountains and highways with cars rushing by.
Service is prompt and free wifi and a large screen TV in the room is and added amenity.
My pet was allowed too for 15 -20minutes when my children visited me here on a two day visit after the transit period.Great stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony to get a panoramic view of the mountains.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2014

Well its a Sheraton so you already knows that the room will be clean, tidy and spacious!

The only thing that makes me sad is that the room has no fridge / microwave so you need to buy everything on the front desk (damn franchises that want to make money everywhere).

Walmart 1.5 mi from the hotel!

Good option in SJ for fare prices and a very good internet.

Stayed December 2014
wladiwck
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2014

Excellent location if you are in the San Jose area. Close to the airport. Excellent rooms and very good restaurant. Recently renovated. Quick check-in and check-out. Easy access from and to Route 101.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, December 18, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you were happy with your stay with us as well as with our convenient location. We hope that you will visit us again during your next trip to the area. Take care.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton San Jose - Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!