“Economical Stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton San Jose - Silicon Valley

You added Four Points by Sheraton San Jose - Silicon Valley to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton San Jose - Silicon Valley
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   399 Silicon Valley Blvd., San Jose, CA 95138 (Formerly Holiday Inn San Jose-Silicon Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #38 of 73 Hotels in San Jose
Irricana, Canada
“Economical Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times this year and each time it is about the same.
The hotel staff are exceptional, the daytime staff at the front desk are among the best I have had the pleasure of dealing with throughout the SPG chain. The night staff were a bit lacking in their ability to offer outstanding customer service, the woman checking me in argued with me that I was not an SPG Gold member despite my Gold card that I showed upon check-in.
The rooms are a typical Holiday Inn decor and quality. The wallpaper is peeling, the bathrooms are tired and not always functioning properly (leaking taps and showers). That being said, the bed is amazing and a true Sheraton quality, I always sleep like a baby when I stay here.
I choose this property for the value, when I book last minute or all other properties in the Bay Area are over $300/night this Four Points is under $200 and usually always has space. Certainly not recommended for couples looking for a romantic night out, but functional and acceptable for business purposes and passing through.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Clovis, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband & I had a conference scheduled last week at Heritage Theatre in Campbell. Although we got the rooms from another site that lets you know where you're staying AFTER you pay, this is what we got, and I'm SO GLAD we did! First off, I ALWAYS read reviews on Trip Advisor about the hotel PRIOR to arriving at my destination. That being said, I was 'holding my breath' because of what I read previous to our stay...It was a fantastic location for us! Just off the freeway on a frontage road, yet quiet. It took 15-20 min. to get to Heritage Theatre & Japantown in San Jose. As soon as I walked into the beautiful lobby, it smelled so clean & fresh that I asked (and found out) what scent they use as an air freshener! FREE PARKING ( a BIG plus for us ), and our room was large, quiet & comfortable. The A/C worked great.The bed was VERY comfortable with quality cotton sheets. We were given a complimentary breakfast voucher to the restaurant next door. At 7AM when we arrived at the restaurant (and they knew we had 'vouchers') they began cooking AS we were seated! Breakfast was; FRESH (not frozen) fruit bowl, bacon, scrambled egg, OJ, coffee, diced potatoes & toast. All piping hot & delicious! As we were eating, we noticed another 'lodger' come in & ask what was for breakfast. When told, he turned up his nose & left. I wondered aloud if he had read a negative review and said so to my husband, adding "He missed out."...There was no one else in the restaurant but us, so service was EXCELLENT. We stayed two days. Yes, there were pencil outlines around our toilet paper holder in our room (207) bathroom AND there are obvious seams on the wallpaper there also... Whoever did the bid for the remodel job did POOR work, but that wasn't a big deal to us. We were comfortable & slept well. It's obvious to us that management takes to heart feedback and effort has been put forth to improve (with what they have to work with). We would stay here again in a heartbeat, even if we were traveling to San Francisco! This WAS just what we were HOPING for!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
El Dorado Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This Hotel is like the last exit leaving San Jose going South. Less expensive then Gilroy for the Garlic Festival. Gilroy is about a 20 minute drive. Very Nice Hotel with really comfy beds. Nice bathrooms with all the goodies.Nice Lobby. One free bottle of water. No fridge, Family Steak house shares the parking lot. Just a couple miles down the road are lots of eating establishments, grocery store and starbucks. This is far South San Jose...Did not use spa or pool.

Room Tip: Bottom floor, Close to Lobby. Like d the location.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We spent 7 nights here and were very pleased with the accommodations and the front desk staff. The beds and pillows were among the most comfortable I've experienced and the room was spotless. The front desk staff were warm and friendly, and greeted us every time we passed the desk. The hotel restaurant staff was also very friendly, especially Victor.
The hotel was conveniently located for us, right next to the 101, which made it easy for us to zip up to San Francisco and south to Monterey and Carmel. The only drawback was that off site food was not close by, and the choices were limited. This wasn't a huge problem because the hotel restaurant had very competitively price breakfast offerings, and the quality of food was also good. They also served very good coffee, with the option for getting a complimentary cup of coffee to go! One suggestion for the future would be to include a room refrigerator. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not too far from the elevator --- the hallways are VERY long. Our room was 4 down fr...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I recently stayed at the Four Points Silicon Valley and I was shocked that the experience was so far removed from my usual expectations at SPG properties. It was so horribly bad that I decided to dig a bit deeper to better understand why there was such a huge discrepancy between typical SPG hotels and this hotel. I found out that this hotel was a Holiday Inn hotel that was recently remodeled. Please note that the workmanship is poor from the bath sink to the shower to the toilets. The toilet splashed water on hte floor whenever it flushed. The shower leaked onto the ground. The photos on the SPG site are misleading, especially the bathroom/shower image as this is NOT the way the bathroom has been remodeled. The rooms don't have the usual Four Points decor. There is another Four Points downtown San Jose that is nicer and in a much better location.

The AC in my room was broken, the maintenance crew intially told me that I didn't understand how to use the wall unit but when I showed him the error message, he then concurred that it needed to be fixed.

A few positives:
The staff was VERY nice and accommodating
The restaurant was decent
There was an in room safe
Parking is free
Close to the highway
Lobby area is nicely decorated, I wish this decor carried through to the guest rooms

It wouldn't take alot to get this hotel to SPG standards but where it stands today is not acceptable and needs to be changed.

Room Tip: try for a suite if one is available. Hopefully these are nicer.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you liked the décor of our public space. We are working on improving our guest rooms. We will share your review with our maintenance and housekeeping teams.
Southern California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Cons:
1. Does the cleaning crew even work here???? Found cob webs on the ceiling from day 1 to day 6 of my stay. Really?!?!?!
2. Out of soap in the soap dispenser for 6 days straight.
3. Water constantly leaking from the spout all over the floor every time you take a shower because it is not screwed on properly (in 2 different rooms with my other guests also). Had to get maintenance to come by to fix the problem several times.
4. Few of the tv remote control buttons did not work.
5. Fire alarm CONSTANTLY going off every time someone leaves the building from the stairs exit or from the non-lobby door.
6. Two of my guests in 2 different rooms found themselves locked out of their rooms from the careless cleaningLESS crew causing the safety lock to close behind them. Had to get maintenance to copy by to get the door unlocked by force the safety lock off
7. The frontdesk personal overcharged my credit card by almost twice as much for 4 rooms for 6 nights. Instead of charging one total charge for all rooms, he swiped the card over 4 times at approximately $1500 each instead of correct amt causing my credit card company to freeze the acct because of suspicious activity.
8. Breakfast not included. =(
9. Parking is a joke; especially when you get back to the hotel late at night.
10. Guest wireless network flunctuates from useable to sitting idle for minutes on end.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. I'm still upset from the lack of quality service. Honestly, maybe it'...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We regret to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We will be sharing your review in our next team meeting. Thank you for bringing these items to our attention. We hope the rest of your stay in San Jose was pleasant.
Sun City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Huge, loud Bar Mitzfa on Saturday nite, and they were kind enuff to put us FAR away from it! Wifi, but no breakfast, room was clean, but across from loud bar/steak house on property. Loud drunks late in parking lot. Room good size, clean.

Room Tip: Ask for back side of hotel, so you are not facing loud, late nite drunks at bar in parking lot
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. We apologize that the noise from our restaurant and bar disturbed you during your stay. We are always willing to move guests to a quieter room based on availability. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in San Jose.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton San Jose - Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!