“Horrible, Never Stay Here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton San Jose - Silicon Valley

You added Four Points by Sheraton San Jose - Silicon Valley to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton San Jose - Silicon Valley
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   399 Silicon Valley Blvd., San Jose, CA 95138 (Formerly Holiday Inn San Jose-Silicon Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #39 of 74 Hotels in San Jose
Rochester, New York
“Horrible, Never Stay Here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Had to stay here a week for business. Worst experience of my life. Came back from ocean after work and was locked out of my room. They said there was a ciggerette burn hole in the sheet of a no smoking room. They would not allow me access to room unless I gave up $500. This room happened to be equiped with ashtrays and no smoking signs were conveniently placed on table in room after all of this happened. My medications were in room and the hotel staff were actually arguing in front of me as to whether I should be allowed to retrieve them. I requested a manager and was denied. Finally I had to end up calling the police. That was a joy. As I was from New York they accused me of being there to buy crystal methyline (excuse spelling as I have no idea)and illegally searched my room. End result, 2000 miles from home in silicon valley where there were absolutely no vacancies for hundreds of miles and I am evicted with nowhere to go.

The company I worked for did a great deal of travel and took this hotel chain off of their acceptable lodging list.

To be fair, the swimming pool was nice. Only thing is, my co-worker got ear infection most probably from swimming in there.

As you can see from the other reviews. Don't stay here.

Room Tip: Best room is accross town.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed for a short night and had a good stay. The room was good. Amenities and all look in fairly fresh condition. Has a big flat screen TV, the biggest I've seen in any hotels so far. One drawback we found was the elevator is situated on on side of the building only. So if your room is situated on the other side you'd have to walk a bit or take the stairs.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Riverside, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Our stay was the first weekend in august for our daughters to play in the junior olympics for waterpolo... the women who review in june and july had it great compared to our stay...in ice makers working...furnture boxes and random lose light bulbs all over the hallways...no exit signs just bare exposed wires...freshly cut tile with sharp edges and no grout...air conditioner in the frontroom of our suite(hahhaa) didnt work and they never brought us the fan they offered. the construction workers stared disturbingly at our 12 year old daughters going to the pool, that was dirty and small! the veiw off our balcony was of all the large dumpsters and storage containers being used for the remodel nobody told us was unway when we made our reservations...They offered to comp our rooms but turned around and charged our cards anyway...Sheraton beware if they are going to carry your name you need to do a big staff change!!!!

Room Tip: There is no help...there are no good rooms!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Morgan Hill, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Coordinated my 40th HS reunion and this was the hotel where we booked over 40 rooms. Needless to say, what a mistake that was. The hotel was being renovated and there was no AC in the hallways, stairwells were blocked with tile cutters, new carpet in rooms was not tacked down, guests had to move to 2 or 3 rooms to finally find one that was liveable. All around a disaster. You have lost my business as well as others in the area who recommend out of town guests to a hotel.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012 via mobile

Supposedly, this will be a Four Points, but that was also true when I stayed here six months ago. Stunned how badly a property could deteriorate in so short a time. New bed in my room was a plus , but the carpet was old and ratty, the AC barely worked and smelled, the baseboards had been pulled up and the bath had a new shower curtain, with all old fixtures. Hallways have been stripped of wallpaper, with no indication of improvement soon. Very few staff on duty. The pool has been drained. It looks like they're ready to close it down, except right now workmen are hauling in new mattresses...right past my meeting--which has no door! Won't stay here again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

This hotel used to be a Holiday Inn and is soon to be a Sheraton Four Points. It is currently going under the name of Summit Inn. The restaurant/bar is named The Summit, so that's why they've chosen this as a temporary name. I asked upon check in how long until they were a Sheraton, and they said they hope it will be in May. I said, "You must be almost finished with your upgrades, then, so give me one of the upgraded rooms!" The friendly check in staff smiled, and they did give me one of the upgraded rooms. The furnishings were new and well thought out, the bed was comfy, and the linens and towels were of good quality. The lotion and hair conditioner were from Bath and Body Works. They even had mouthwash, which is rarely included in my experience. The shower had a nice showerhead with 3 settings and good water pressure. The controls were so shiny they looked brand new. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for one that has been renovated.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

After a mishap with the reservation we had made that night we found that this was the closest hotel for a reasonable price. Luckily someone was there to take our reservation at 11:30pm.

They are about to become a Four Points Sheridan, so there will probably be a lot of changes soon. To staff was very, very nice. The rooms were fine, clean but not updated. The place was pretty much empty, I only saw a few other people during out three day stay.

It was nice to have the bar/restaurant so close since you're out a ways from too much in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Four Points by Sheraton San Jose - Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!