“Good room” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton San Jose - Silicon Valley to your Saves list
Expedia.com Orbitz.com
Four Points by Sheraton San Jose - Silicon Valley
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   399 Silicon Valley Blvd., San Jose, CA 95138 (Formerly Holiday Inn San Jose-Silicon Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #45 of 72 hotels in San Jose
Sydney, Australia
“Good room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed for a short night and had a good stay. The room was good. Amenities and all look in fairly fresh condition. Has a big flat screen TV, the biggest I've seen in any hotels so far. One drawback we found was the elevator is situated on on side of the building only. So if your room is situated on the other side you'd have to walk a bit or take the stairs.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

98 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Riverside, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Our stay was the first weekend in august for our daughters to play in the junior olympics for waterpolo... the women who review in june and july had it great compared to our stay...in ice makers working...furnture boxes and random lose light bulbs all over the hallways...no exit signs just bare exposed wires...freshly cut tile with sharp edges and no grout...air conditioner in the frontroom of our suite(hahhaa) didnt work and they never brought us the fan they offered. the construction workers stared disturbingly at our 12 year old daughters going to the pool, that was dirty and small! the veiw off our balcony was of all the large dumpsters and storage containers being used for the remodel nobody told us was unway when we made our reservations...They offered to comp our rooms but turned around and charged our cards anyway...Sheraton beware if they are going to carry your name you need to do a big staff change!!!!

Room Tip: There is no help...there are no good rooms!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Morgan Hill, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Coordinated my 40th HS reunion and this was the hotel where we booked over 40 rooms. Needless to say, what a mistake that was. The hotel was being renovated and there was no AC in the hallways, stairwells were blocked with tile cutters, new carpet in rooms was not tacked down, guests had to move to 2 or 3 rooms to finally find one that was liveable. All around a disaster. You have lost my business as well as others in the area who recommend out of town guests to a hotel.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012 via mobile

Supposedly, this will be a Four Points, but that was also true when I stayed here six months ago. Stunned how badly a property could deteriorate in so short a time. New bed in my room was a plus , but the carpet was old and ratty, the AC barely worked and smelled, the baseboards had been pulled up and the bath had a new shower curtain, with all old fixtures. Hallways have been stripped of wallpaper, with no indication of improvement soon. Very few staff on duty. The pool has been drained. It looks like they're ready to close it down, except right now workmen are hauling in new mattresses...right past my meeting--which has no door! Won't stay here again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

This hotel used to be a Holiday Inn and is soon to be a Sheraton Four Points. It is currently going under the name of Summit Inn. The restaurant/bar is named The Summit, so that's why they've chosen this as a temporary name. I asked upon check in how long until they were a Sheraton, and they said they hope it will be in May. I said, "You must be almost finished with your upgrades, then, so give me one of the upgraded rooms!" The friendly check in staff smiled, and they did give me one of the upgraded rooms. The furnishings were new and well thought out, the bed was comfy, and the linens and towels were of good quality. The lotion and hair conditioner were from Bath and Body Works. They even had mouthwash, which is rarely included in my experience. The shower had a nice showerhead with 3 settings and good water pressure. The controls were so shiny they looked brand new. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for one that has been renovated.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

After a mishap with the reservation we had made that night we found that this was the closest hotel for a reasonable price. Luckily someone was there to take our reservation at 11:30pm.

They are about to become a Four Points Sheridan, so there will probably be a lot of changes soon. To staff was very, very nice. The rooms were fine, clean but not updated. The place was pretty much empty, I only saw a few other people during out three day stay.

It was nice to have the bar/restaurant so close since you're out a ways from too much in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

I was in the area from out of state and and a relative recommended this hotel. I booked my reservations online about 2 weeks before I planned to be there and when I arrived they had a huge/loud quinceaneras going on. I was concerned and had to yell for the desk clerk to hear me, but she assured me I would not be able to hear the noise from my room. She wa right, my room was very quiet.

The room was dated but extremely clean, no dust on door hinges, tops of shelves and other places that are commonly missed. The sheets were soft an the bed was very comfortable. The TV was an older model, but it worked fine and I had a great view of the mountains from my room.

They had very good homemade muffins out wach morning and good coffee with cream. Breakfast was not provided, so I went to the hotel restaurant with expectations of an expensive, low quality meal. Once again, I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was delightful, and the food was very good. My eggs were cook perfectly every morning, the bread was fresh and high quality, served with real butter and they brought breakfast out with a great homemade salsa each morning. Prices were very reasonable.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountains. And breakfast at the hotel restaurant is a must.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Four Points by Sheraton San Jose - Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!