“Excellent Convention Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manchester, United States
“Excellent Convention Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The San Jose Hilton at the Convention Center is an excellent hotel for convention business. Be prepared to take a cab from/to the airport (cheaper & faster than multi-passenger vehicles at Airport advertising transport to San Jose) and for internet charges that may be duplicated on your bill. But oterwise, very accomodating, and excellent, helpful staff, and great access to Convention Center.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Orpington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I came to San Jose for a conference at the adjacent Convention Centre and was pleased to be able to get into this hotel.

I arrived on a Sunday evening, exhausted after a gruelling flight from the UK - no thanks to British Airways whose idea of customer service is appalling - fine if you want to sleep (in my case not) overnight on the floor of a noisy hotel, with no shower facilities provided, having boarded an airplane twice the previous day only for problems to arise resulting in disembarkations!

Straightaway the Hilton was a refreshing contrast. A warm welcome and fast check-in. As it was 2130, I wanted a quick meal and was given excellent advice by being recommended Original Joe's. This Italian restaurant is open late and is only a few minutes walk away. I had a great crab salad there, washed down with an excellent local sauvignon blanc.

The housemaids were very efficient and unobtrusive. My room on the 11th floor was always serviced by noon. Breakfasts were excellent - I always had the buffet. Hot, cold, meats, cheeses, fresh fruit, yoghurts, breads and muffins. They were not always quite ready at 6 when it was supposed to open but were always ready within a few minutes. The waittresses were very friendly and remembered my coffee/juice requirements after the first breakfast.

My room had a super big flat screen TV. The rooms did not have safes. Nor were there cups or glasses in the bathroom for toothbrushes, so I took one from the drinks tray. Coffee and tea making facilities were provided and these were fully replenished every day. Rooms were generally lovely and quiet, though in the dead of night the flushings of the WC sound overly loud.

Wifi is not free unless you are a gold HHonors member or better. It costs $9.95 per day which is a rip-off considering I pay less than that per month. I wish hotels such as the Hilton would include it in the room charge. These days many companies, including mine, do not allow their staff to claim back such costs when identified separately on bills. However, there is free wifi in the lobby area.

I would certainly stay here if I visited San Jose in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and away from the elevators.
Columbus, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Never could get hot water out of the shower...only warm. The lobby smelled like they were trying to cover something up. Half the TV channels didn't work when I arrived, and half an hour after calling, nobody had showed up to fix it. AC never did get the room cold enough. I wouldn't stay there again. Bed was good, but the rest of the furniture was clearly more stylish than comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Catherine H, Director of Sales at Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your review. I understand your lack of hot water was of concern during your time with us. We currently are actively seeking a resolution to this issue and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and opinions with me. Guest comfort and safety are our first priorities. I hope that when you travel back to the area you will consider staying with us again.

Catherine
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

When i booked this hotel 3 months ago, it was going through some bad reviews at the time. Needless to say, I have no regrets after leaving this past Sunday. I was here on business for a big Silicon Valley Company. I am SO glad I checked in at the hotel. My Flight was terrible coming from texas it was 13 hours worth of flying. The hotel was nice, friendly, it was very clean, comfy, I could not complain. I had heard bad things about this place but, I don't see where those negative comments are coming from. YES. It is expensive but I would say it was worth it. The food was expensive but I REALLY enjoyed the affinity breakfast burrito. :) Thanks Hilton :)

Room Tip: I was on the 17 floor on the executive suite, If you could. Get a view up there! Very nice :)
cleveland,ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel but nothing to do within walking distance. The mall is too far to walk to. There is a bus stop across the street that goes to the malls. There was a mini frig in the room. There is a travel sewing kit (which I needed). The food in the restaurant is pricey so plan on going out. If you do eat at the hotel the seafood fettuccine is excellent. The front desk is very helpful in helping you with all your needs. I wanted to give a 5 star rating but, I found a could of strands of mystery hair in my shower.

• Stayed July 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I paid $355 for a room that didn’t even have a TV that would power on. The worst part is the hotel could care less that it didn’t work and made little effort to fix the problem. In essence, they didn’t care. Never stay at a place that doesn’t care about your business. You will leave in frustration every time.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Catherine H, Director of Sales at Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Hello,

We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you expect from Hilton during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room with your television, and will work with our maintenance team to address this issue immediately. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Catherine
Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed one night as teenage daughter and friend attended a concert across the street at the San Jose Civic Auditorium that was going to get out late. Hotel is directly connected to the convention center, so if you have a convention to attend, it would be very convenient. It is also across the street from the Tech Museum and another performing arts center. Since we stayed during a holiday week, there was no convention and the hotel was deserted. It seemed a little odd. We ate at the restaurant on the first floor (we were the only ones there!), but the food was good and service was great - how could it not be? There is a Peet's coffee in the convention center. where you enter from the from the parking garage. It's a few blocks to walk to restaurants downtown. The area is pretty quiet at night, since it's mixed in with office towers. The reception staff were friendly. Parking is pricey - $22 - but hey, it's the Bay Area. Room was very clean and modern - toilet was loud. Right next to public transit as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor so you don't have to hear the street noise. You can see the freeway from...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton San Jose? Share your experiences!