“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 72 hotels in San Jose
Los Angeles, California
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My friend and I recently went to San Jose to see Pink and stayed at this hotel since it is close to the HP Pavillion. We didn't realize how busy the hotel was going to be.. turned out there was a volleyball tournament held at the convention center which is connected to the San Jose Hilton. I was pleasantly surprised with a hotel being super packed that the staff was still so eager to help everyone and nothing or noone went unnoticed. The San Jose Hilton is a wonderful hotel. The staff is super friendly; everything from the rooms to the service to the concierge to the housekeepers are AWESOME! This will be the hotel I stay at whenever I go to San Jose.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Catherine H, Director of Sales at Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Jodi R,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that time you took to share your thoughts. The task of delivering the best product and service to each guest that chooses to stay with us is one which our entire team takes very seriously.

473 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel must be one of the nicest Hilton remodels I have seen without question. Great modern aesthetic with functional elements like a sitting area that you can actually use, and a comfortable desk and desk chair. I experienced generally good service and since this is mostly a convention hotel, you don't expect luxury resort amenities. The advertised pool isn't much to speak of, really, just a dipping pool. But the remainder of the facilities are nice and clean. I'd certainly happily stay here again.

The one downside is the food service is still pretty standard Hilton fare - the restaurant isn't anything amazing. There are better options nearby for lunch/dinner.

Hello,

We hope that we can host your stay again when you are in San Jose in the future. Our hospitable team members are here to make you feel at home. We welcome any suggestions on how we can make your stay more memorable.

Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

This was a good conference hotel connected to the San Jose Convention Center. Great quality wireless. Tasty and reasonably quick room service. Very clean rooms, comfortable beds, and an attempt at trendy hipster boutique decor. I would happily stay here again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sakecat22,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton San Jose. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. These reviews help us ensure that we continue to provide excellent customer service.

We hope to host your stay again when you're in San Jose, CA.

Hilton San Jose
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The San Jose Hilton is a reasonably attractive hotel for those going to the San Jose Convention Center. While the facilities are fine and everything is very clean, the place sort of left me cold. Perhaps it is meant to be a high-tech vibe, but the room and the overall hotel itself lacks any degree of warmth -- there is nothing wrong with it: service was fine, staff was friendly, everything was clean, the restaurant served a good lunch at a reasonable price -- it's just that after a long flight, I expected a more welcoming atmosphere. The hotel feels like a conference room.

So if you're just passing through for a conference, it's a good choice. But it doesn't feel to any degree "homey". My own bias; but that's my opinion.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Catherine H, Director of Sales at Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, February 12, 2013

Thank you.
Sandy, UT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Connected to the SJO convention center makes this a great place to stay for events at that facility. Rooms were decent sized and very clean. Beds were ok. The showers had plenty of water pressure. The pool is tiny and the hot tub hardly fits more than a couple people. Not a great family destination but perfect for conventions in the area. Did not have any issues with the WiFi in the rooms and the TVs had good quality HD channels. Had really good towels - better than a lot of hotels I've been in lately. Nothing really fancy about the property but was very satisfied.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hilton San Jose. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to hosting your stay again in the future.

Bloomington, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I like the Fairmont San Jose a lot but my client had a special rate at the Hilton which was about half of what it'd cost to stay at the Fairmont so I decided to give the Hilton a shot, especially since I generally stay at Hiltons in other cities. I booked the cheapest King room (as usual) and was upgraded to an Executive room, which is always nice. The hotel is pretty much a bog standard business hotel: unremarkable lobby, executive lounge and unoffensive room decor. It's pretty much what you'd imagine from a Hilton attached to a convention centre, which isn't great but it's certainly more than I could say about some other Hiltons out there.

For some reason, when I was there the hotel was shockingly empty most of the time. Perhaps it was because there was nothing going on in the convention centre or elsewhere in the city that day. I hung out in the executive lounge for about an hour and it was largely empty as well, which suited me fine. The main reason I rated this hotel 3/5 was mainly because it was so forgettable. Only negative thing during my stay was that I asked for matches at the front desk (most hotels stock matches, right?) and they said they ran out and weren't particularly helpful on directing me to a convenience store or other place where I could buy some. Another minor qualm I had is that it's not easy to find your way into the parking garage from the hotel, but that's largely because the size of the empty convention centre can be a bit disorienting.

Of course, this is a business hotel first. I still do prefer the Fairmont, but if a client requested/offered or if I was short on Hilton stays on the year, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again next time I'm in San Jose.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hello,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our hotel, Hilton San Jose. The feedback we receive from our guests is truly invaluable and assists us in ensuring constant improvement of the product and service we deliver. Our goal is to make certain each guest experience is unparalleled. We will ensure that we address the concerns with our team members.

We hope that we have another opportunity to host your stay when you're in San Jose.

Thank you.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Nice room, sleek design, love the type writer close up art. Easy access via sky bridge to all convention center areas and to Marriott also connected. Unfortunately, a volley ball tournament blocked off all public access walk ways on 2nd floor, making us with luggage have to go down one floor then across then up....
WiFi was too expensive, $10/day, so I did with out internet.
When I asked for new remote batteries and extra blankets, the front desk person just brushed it all aside and basically said no.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Cawyn,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our team. The feedback we receive from our guests is truly invaluable and assists us in ensuring constant improvement of the product and service we deliver. Our goal is to make certain each guest experience is unparalleled.

We hope that you give us another opportunity to host your stay when you are in San Jose.

Catherine

Been to Hilton San Jose? Share your experiences!