“My "go to" hotel in San Jose” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park, Stay & Connect
Ranked #14 of 73 Hotels in San Jose
“My "go to" hotel in San Jose”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stay at the Hilton San Jose frequently for business. The staff is great and rooms are very nice. I would most definitely recommend this hotel for others. I only wish they had a better dinner place right in the hotel; however, I typically go over to the Marriott's Arcadia restaurant for a good meal. (or Scott's seafood)

I also use they gym there frequently. It has a great set of free weights, machines and excersie bikes/treadmills. I haven't used the lap pool before, but it looks sufficient. The hotel is also in walking distance to everything you need to access within San Jose.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Catherine H, Director of Sales at Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Hello,

We are thrilled that the Hilton San Jose is your "go to" hotel. We strive to provide excellent customer service. We are very happy to have you as one of our regular guests.

We will discuss with our restaurant team on how we can improve our dinner.

On behalf of our team, we thank you and look forward to hosting your stay again with us in the future.

Catherine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Nashville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed here for a conference at the San Jose Convention Center. It's a perfect location for that, and not a bad location for anything in downtown San Jose.
First good stuff: Location, nice work area in the room with lots of plugs and proper height for working on a computer, comfortable bed, quiet (except for a little plane noise - the hotel is in the flight pattern for SJC airport).
Bad stuff: Horrible lighting in the room. The lamp on the desk had two, mostly bare, CFL bulbs with the color temperature of industrial lighting. In fact all the lighting in the room were those same awful bulbs. The bathroom was worse - the light was behind the mirror. The TV didn't work when I got there, but that was fixed. Still the channels were junk and no HD. (how can a $99 Fairfield have great HD channels and a $300 Hilton have none?). It also seemed the AC wouldn't cool the room enough. The Breakfast buffet was $20+ (I ate a $10 egg&cheese bagle off the menu that was fair). We should have walked down the street.
Food: We ate at Original Joes down the street. It's lost some of its charm, but the food was still good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Catherine H, Director of Sales at Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us. We are very glad our guest rooms were what you needed to be productive during your work trip but regret that the lighting was unsatisfactory. We are embarking on a program to replace lighting throughout and HD is coming along with increase in channel selection by mid December. We appreciate your review and hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Catherine Hendricks
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed here because we had tickets to see Barbra Streisand at the HP Pavilion and the hotel was walking distance. I had called to ask for early check-in and they said they would try. We arrived at 12:30 and our room was ready! The desk person was friendly and efficient. The room was excellent - quite large, bright, and very clean! The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was light and modern with new faucets and a powerful shower. Although we weren't there on business, the hotel had all the necessities for a business traveler, including a large desk, comfortable chair, and wi-fi. All the staff was helpful and friendly. Parking was convenient. The restaurant was also excellent with great staff and food. I wish we could have spent another night. My compliments to Hilton management for an excellent experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Catherine H, Director of Sales at Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the show.

We hope to see you again in the future!

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I've organized scads of business seminars in hotels around the country for years. The Hilton San Jose in San Jose CA is located in an easy-to-find locale in the heart of San Jose. Parking is easy in their underground self-parking or in a convenient public lot across the street. The hotel conference rooms are well kept and of various sizes. The continental breakfast that was offered the seminar attendees was scrumptious...lots of fruit and pastries that were above standard fare of many hotels. What makes the experience of holding a meeting at this Hilton was the remarkable banquet staff. Working with Gigi, Omar and Andreas was a true pleasure. Most of my direct contact during our meeting was with Andreas Sandoval, the sweetest and most attentive guy I've had the pleasure to meet. Always available to help, always smiling, Andreas was my point-man and he was spot on. Hilton Hotels should be proud to have Andreas, Gigi and Omar (and I'm sure many others) as part of the Hilton Family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Catherine H, Director of Sales at Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Connie,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased that you had a succesful event with us. We will certainly share the kind review with the rest of the team.

We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Regards,
san luis obispo, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was just at a week-long conference at the Hilton, and had to spend my birthday there. When the staff heard it was my birthday, the receptionist and restaurant staff were so extra nice to me and made me feel at home among family. I usually go away on my birthday, but didn't mind being at a work conference for this one, because the friendly Hilton staff made it a very special one. Rooms are clean, spacious, very comfortable. Food is excellent with European influence, the veggie panini reminded me of Italy, and the French cake, of Paris. The fitness room is clean, and swimming pool and jacuzzi just make it a perfect place away from home.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor is very quiet and on the same floor of the fitness room and swimming pool.
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we were part of your birthday celebration.

We look forward to hosting your stay with us again in the future.

Regards,
Simi Valley, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

While we were only able to enjoy our stay for a couple of hours, the room was fantasic. Great shower, very comfortable bed, and a nice chaiz lounge which came in quite handy. The toiletries were high quality and the flatscreen was a nice touch. Staff were very prossional and helped us when we had a last minute change in plans.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We hosted conference at the Hilton. I have stayed many times in the area, but never at the Hilton, mostly, to refrain from the downtown. This stay turned out very good expereince. The location is good offering immediate access to 101 highway.

The service is good and also breakfast, and dinner offering. The bar and dinning area are very inviting. They offer Starbucks coffe too at the bar. I used this area couple of time to meet with people.

The room is very comfortable and relatively modernly decorated. The bath is a bit outdated, but very clean and has no issue. Depite being close to a main road the room on the 9th floor was very quiet. Elevators sustained easily the rush hour withot casuing long waiting.

Parking is available and easily accessible.

I added the Hilton to my preferred lis in the bay area.

Room Tip: I would prefer high floor, although, folks who stayed at the low floors (3-5) did not complain about...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton San Jose? Share your experiences!