“Probably not the usual Hilton standard but no real criticism” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #12 of 72 hotels in San Jose
Brisbane
“Probably not the usual Hilton standard but no real criticism”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights and found the hotel perfectly acceptable. Most Staff were friendly, hot tub and gym were good. Room very clean.

• Stayed August 2011
thoken, Director of Sales at Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Dear Racantac,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I’m glad you found the hotel amenities and service levels to your liking. We hope to see you return again soon!

471 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

I wanted to take the time to thank the staff at the Hilton! I left my phone charger in my room, and called to possibly see if they could track it down....(I thought to myself "No way, is this going to work") Well, they did!! Lisi the director of housekeeping went beyond the call of duty and not only found my charger but a small mirror I also left in the bathroom, and sent them promptly to me Fedex! Thank you!!! The front desk was wonderful also. I enjoyed my stay, and loved my room service order of pancakes, eggs, fruit..Yum! I go to San Jose every year for a business convention, and will be staying here again!

Dear waverunner68,

Thank you for your kind review. We always try to exceed our customers’ expectations so we’re glad Lisi was able to find your charger and mirror. I will be sure to share your comments with him. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to San Jose.

Traverse City, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

I stayed twice in August to start anew job and both stays were perfect. The hotel is comfortable, quiet and nice to come back to. Location is good as well for quick walks to dining and fun. If you have Hilton Honors status o pay for the upgrade the executive lounge is wonderful - friendly staff, warm breakfast, drinks, snacks and desserts in evening.

Dear mstephens7,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your last two trips to the area. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel and found the executive lounge to your liking. We hope to see you return again soon!

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

It is all about service and caring here. Jackie at the front desk is so thoughtful and helpful. Rick grabbed my bags and carried them up the stairs (with a smile). Horatio in the restaurant gave excellent service. Jeffery asked me several times if I need anything at all.
This hotel has the absolute best service I have ever experienced.
Thank you San Jose Hilton!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Moustafa B, Director of Revenue at Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, September 11, 2011
Dear Debora W,

Thank you so much for your kind review! I’m glad to hear you received such great service during your stay. I will share your comments with Jackie, Rick, Horatio and Jeffery. We hope to see you return again in the future.

Moberly, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

The atmosphere at the San Jose Hilton is warm and friendly! The hotel is within walking distance of a great selection of restaurants, theaters, museums and a park. The staff will be glad to give you a map and tell you where to catch a bus to go to attractions around the city. Great place!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Moustafa B, Director of Revenue at Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Dear Pam U,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the atmosphere at the hotel and that the staff was able to help you navigate the city. We hope to see you return again soon.

Milpitas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

What made the Hilton San Jose stand out was the service we received from all the staff. We recently held a wedding reception here, and also spent a night. Our coordinator, Virginia, gave us exceptional service and was very accommodating to our needs. Further, the hotel itself was recently renovated and therefore looks brand new. The lobby is very guest-friendly, with a bar/lounge area for guests to enjoy a drink, watch a game, or just hang out. I would definitely hold another event here, or enjoy another stay in the future.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
thoken, Director of Sales at Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Dear mmasaganda,

Thank you for your gracious review and for deciding to have your wedding reception with us. I’m so glad Virginia was able to help assist you in creating a memorable evening and will share your kind comments with her. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

First, you should know that I paid a discounted conference rate (including parking) for my stay at this property. I would have considered staying somewhere else, if I had been visiting for a vacation and if I was asked to pay full-price for a room.

Hotel is in a good location relative to the airport, train and nightlife (not too close or too far).

DIY parking was easy and convenient.

Check-in was fast and friendly.

Elevators were responsive and fast.

The only restaurant/bar in the hotel is small, but I thought that the food and drinks were good and reasonably priced. Someone told me that room-service meals were good, but I did not like the sound of the mandatory three-dollar service charge, plus an additional 21% gratuity.

My room with a king-size bed on the 11th floor was sufficiently roomy and had a nice view of downtown San Jose. The bed was comfortable but would benefit from being turned/flipped. Free WIFI in the room would have been a nice service (ten dollars per day was charged for in-room Internet). The clearning crew were consistently nice.

The gym was small but nice. The pool was very small (but clean), and one jacuzzi was available. These facilities easily became crowded and required waiting to use them.

The business center was easy to use and free (at least for the things I used it for). Free WIFI in the lobby was appreciated, but seating in the lobby was very limited.

The meeting facilities that we used were acceptable. There were climate-control problems that apparently haven't been solved since we used the same space two years ago. Staff that supported the meeting (water, food, tables, chairs, etc.) were polite and effective.

Given the rate that I paid and the purpose of my visit, this property provided a very good, trouble-free experience.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Moustafa B, Director of Revenue at Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, September 4, 2011
Dear westernfb,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I am glad to hear that the staff took such good care of you and that you enjoyed the property amenities. Thanks again for your feedback, we hope to see you return again in the future!

Moustafa Blaih

Been to Hilton San Jose? Share your experiences!