“nice but impersonal business hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Breakfast & WiFi Package
Ranked #14 of 73 Hotels in San Jose
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“nice but impersonal business hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

This Hilton property is adjoining the San Jose convention center, where nothing was going on the week I stayed there - so it felt a bit lonely. Very nice and modern decor, if only a bit cold and austere (all grey and dark tones). For some reason I was assigned an accessible room, so huge room and bathroom... super clean and super comfortable bed, with a good steam iron!
Only used the restaurant for breakfast, had a nice buffet and a la carte selection, a bit pricey for my taste (but I was on an expense account). The waitresses were super nice, offering an extra cup of coffee to take with me on my way out (that is a very nice gesture). Too bad the coffee (although branded Starbucks) wasn't so good...
The small gym is well equipped and there is a small pool which I regretted not trying.
Very good Hilton standards

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Moustafa B, Director of Revenue at Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Dear FamilleDiF,

I just wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I recognize that everyone is very busy these days but we truly appreciate the opportunity to see our hotel through our guests' experiences!
We sincerely thank you for your business and comments, as they only help us to stay sharp and attuned to the feelings of our valued guests. We hope to see you return soon to the Hilton San Jose!

Warm Regards,

Moustafa Blaih

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Nice hotel connected to the convention center. Friendly staff.

Dear jenfrost,

Thanks for your comments! We hope to see you return soon to the Hilton San Jose.

menomonee falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

The sales manger was able to help me reverse a charge on my corp. credit card and provided me with friendly customer service. She was a pleasure to speak to and I will definetly recommend this property to anyone that is traveling to the area. Thanks for the oustanding customer service!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Moustafa B, Director of Revenue Management at Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I’m very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to experience our warm Hilton hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warm Regards,

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

We recently did our Wedding Reception here in Hilton San Jose. First off, Virgina "Gigi" Santa Inez and her whole team did a great job and making our day Special. She and her team have helped us ease our stress and did above and beyond to make our day possible. She even introduced us to one of her great Wedding Designer, Juliet Adams of "The World of Princess", who also went above and beyond in making our Wedding Ceremony and our Wedding Reception exceptional. They took care of everything from the decorations, our guests, the set-up, and right to our Suites. With both of them working together, they will make any Wedding unforgettable.

Our guests loved and enjoy their stay. They are impressed by the Hilton San Jose Staff exceptional service and good hospitality. They made them feel at home. We as well are satisfied with their service.

All in all, we will come back and refer Hilton San Jose to our friends and families

Room Tip: Try the Suites, you will not regret it..
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review. We are honored that you decided to share your special day with us at Hilton San Jose. I am pleased to hear that Virgina SantaInes and her team helped you plan the wedding of your dreams, I will share your kind words with our team. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

snat CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I stayed for 10night at this hotel. the room is very modern, clean, and spacious. it looks like they recently renovated the rooms.

I was upgraded to the executive lounge, but the rooms are pretty much the same. i had an access to the lounge, but execpt for some view, the lounge has minimal amount of food and drinks. Also, unlike Hilton in Europe, you have to pay for Beer, wine, and etc.

The staffs are no special. the guys in the front desk was not helpful. but did not matter.

the restaurant in the first floor was nice.

they also charge for parking. I think it was ~$20. That means, I paid $200 for 10 nights of stay. i think that's a little rip off.

Location; If you are doing business around here, it is good. otherwise, this hotel is located in a bad area of the town with much airplan noisy.

overall, the hotel is OK.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Debra_9, Assistant Director of Revenue Management at Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Dear shoshosho,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed our updated guest rooms and restaurant. However, I apologize that you were treated with an undesirable level of service during your stay. This is not typical of our hotel or staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have rewarding stays. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Dilkhush Engineer
Assistant Director of Revenue Management
Lithia, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

As usual, Hilton has produced a beautiful hotel. The staff was great, the room was great, the dining area was nice, and the valet service was wonderful. I only had one negative and that was that the iron in the room spit out a yellow substance onto one of my work shirts and ruined it. We told the Manager and he said for me to buy a new one and send him the receipt and he would send us a check. So really, no complaints at all!

Dear Angie F,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton San Jose hotel. I am very happy to hear that the staff took such good care of you and that you found the hotel amenities to your liking. We hope to see you return again in the future.

Dilkhush Engineer
Assistant Director of Revenue Management
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

This full-service Hilton is connected to the San Jose Convention Center in downtown San Jose, California. About 12 years ago I stayed at this hotel and it wasn't memorable in the least. This visit, I was very impressed to find the hotel has upgraded its amenities and best of all, the decor of the rooms.

Whoever did the redecoration did an excellent job, using chrome, leather and glass to replicate the experience of San Jose both as a city and a symbol of technology. It was as if the room blended perfectly with my panoramic city view (ask for a high floor if you want the view!)

The beds were of excellent quality, the bathroom stocked with high-end personal items. Parking wasn't free, nor was WiFi as is the case in many full-service hotels these days. General guest service was unobtrusive but also unremarkable. The convenience of the location and the clean lines of the room made my stay rewarding.

I ordered room service one night - took a chance on a rib eye. It was very good, with fresh asparagus, mashed potatoes and fresh salad. I didn't visit on-site lounge or restaurant, but there is Peet's Coffee and Tea situated along the inside walkway from the Hilton to the conference center and guest parking that offered fresh baked goods, some sandwiches and of course tea, coffee, iced drinks, juices and so on.

A nice stay, and a hotel I will return to should business take me to downtown Jose again.

Room Tip: If you want views and less noise, ask for a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
thoken, Director of Sales at Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Dear mollydotcom,

Thanks for your gracious comments about your recent stay at the Hilton San Jose. I’m glad you enjoyed the upgraded décor and amenities. We hope to see you return again soon.

Thor Kennedy

Been to Hilton San Jose? Share your experiences!