“Well Maintained Property and Good location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #14 of 74 Hotels in San Jose
Oldsmar, Florida
“Well Maintained Property and Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This property was suprisingly in really good shape compared to many Residence inn properties I have stayed at in the past. The grounds were not destroyed by animal urine and feces as other similar RI properties. The rooms were the same as any other RI you would find anywhere. The beds are not the most comfortable and not sure why Marriott has not rolled out the higer end beds to Residence Inn's or why don't do this. If this ws done here you could not tell. The towels were more substantial than most other RI's I have stayed in and much better than at any Courtyard or Fairfield I have ever stayed in. The food offerings were good both in the morning and at night. Free beer and wine at night was a positive!
There is a grocery store across the strweet along with some other dining locations and a fast food place right next door. I did not stay long enough to need any of these but it is nice to know they are there should you need something.

Room Tip: Away for the main road up front
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Residence Inn S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose South, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Hello dleslievol,
Thank you for your nice comments about our property. We do try hard to satisfy all of our guests needs. We will be going through a property renovation this upcoming summer and I'm happy to tell you that mattresses are in the works to be replaced!! We look forward to hosting you again the next time you visit the San Jose area and are able to exceed your expectations then as well!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Vienna, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Used to live in South San Jose and every time we visit the Bay Area - we always stay in Residence Inn. The rooms are clean, well equipped kitchens, free breakfast, Lucky grocery just across the street and staff are very accommodating. You also get a good selection of restaurants around the area.This is a quiet side of San Jose and we feel safe getting back late at night in the parking lot. It's been a good experience all these years and will look forward to the next trip back to SJ.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Residence Inn S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose South, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Hello Ina O. We greatly appreciate your review of our hotel. It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our great location. Looking forward to hosting your stays in 2013!
Centereach, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Just stayed here for a business trip in October for a few nights and it was a great experience. Checked in with no issues, room was clean and staff was friendly. Dinner in the seating area was a nice plus since I wasn't aware that they offered this. Breakfast was available as well. Overall a great place and location and I will stay again!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hello, Thank you for your review of our hotel. It's wonderful to hear such great things and we look forward to hosting you the next time your business ventures out to San Jose!
So Cal Desert
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

The Res. Inn San Jose South is a very nice newer property. Our accommodations were well suited to our needs and they serve a full breakfast and light supper on weekdays. The only thing I could not understand is why they do not put a sofa with a pull out bed in a suite that has 2 full bedrooms and two full baths. Other than that puzzle, cannot say anything bad about the property, however...

We booked a block of rooms for a wedding. Our group arrived on different days, beginning with myself, my daughter and her bridal party most of whom had to be picked up from the airport at different times. It was to be a very busy day after a long road trip.

We received a phone call midway through our 6 hour drive from our booking agent telling us that they had guests in our room who decided to extend their stay, therefore our rooms were not available for our first night. We were travelling with all the wedding decorations, some of which had to be assembled prior to the wedding. Although the hotel paid for our stay at another Marriott property for the one night, we were very inconvenienced. We were not able to get to the decor that needed attention without unpacking the entire car and so chose to wait until we could check into our suites at the original property.

I had a few issues with the bill upon check out. Since I was paying for several rooms, I requested printouts. They were very willing to adjust the errors to what was agreed upon, which is why I titled this review "confirm." I cannot say that they were ever contrary or unaccommodating, it was just a lot of unnecessary stress at an already stressful time.

Room Tip: Our rooms were in the back building. Very quiet for our purpose, but a bit of a walk to the dining a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Amelia A, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose South, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Nanacindy,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about our hotel. Your feedback will surely give us the opportunity to further improve our services.

I would also like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay.

Please contact myself should you ever visit the area again so I can personally meet and welcome you back to the hotel.

Kirkland, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We needed a room in San Jose and since we had a good experence at another Residence Inn we thought this would be good too. When we called earlier in the day they said the only room availabe was a 2 bedroom handicap accessible room. We tried other hotels in the area but nothing else was available so we took this room. We check in at 7pm. The room looked nice at first but then we saw the bathroom. There was feces on the toilet seat and the inside of the bowl was filthy. We look in the other bathroom and the seat was clean but the inside was just as filthy and there was a long black hair across the hand towels. We called the front desk and told them about the problem. We said we would be going out for dinner and they said it would be clean when we returned. It smelt like cleaner when we returned but it was not clean. If we could have found something else we would have left. Instead we had an uncomfortable night and left quickly in the morning. I just kept think what else is dirty that I can't see. Will not stop at this Residence Inn again. Too bad since we have stayed at their other locations and found them nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Amelia A, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose South, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Richmondpast,

I sincerely apologize for the experience you had during your stay with us. Rest assured that this is not the way we maintain our hotel as we take our services and suite cleanliness seriously.

I am reaching out to you to please contact me at your earliest convenience at (408) 226-7676 x 606. Please accept our apologies and the opportunity to rectify the situation with you.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards,
Wanaque, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Just have to say that we love Marriott. My stay here was so pleasant. I just mentioned that the iron did not work properly. Upon arrival that eve there was a cup of goodies on the kitchen counter and a really sweet note (hand written) from the staff. This is what I am talking about...treating us road warriers as if we are somthing special thanks Marriott

Room Tip: there is a Lucky accross the street to assist in groceries
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear EdanMags,

It was our pleasure being of service to you and we're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us!

I will share your great feedback with the Team as this further inspire us to create memorable experiences for our guests and do better each day.

We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Phoenix, Az United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is the perfect combination of cheerful, attentive, "can do" attitude of any hotel I have ever been to! The Staff is ready willing and available to assit in any myriad of ways for every need. My mom is in a wheelchair and accomodation after accomodation was made to make her stay more comfortable. it feels like staying with family to us, and I couldn't ask for any better treatment than that. I highly recommend a stay here! I especially want to comment on the Manager Ameilia. she has gone above and beyond in every instance to to serve us. The Staff have a very cohesive feel, and genuinely seem to enjoy their work. I'm sure this is due to the leadership of the Manager. Thank you Amelia!!! You are one in a million!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Amelia A, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose South, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Kathleen,

It is truly rewarding to get feedbacks from our guests! Moreover, inspiring to make a positive difference and touch lives in everyday that we do at work.

It is our pleasure to have the opportunity to be of service to you and your family.

Amelia H. Anastacio

Been to Residence Inn San Jose South? Share your experiences!