“Beyond duty” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 72 hotels in San Jose
Wanaque, New Jersey
“Beyond duty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Just have to say that we love Marriott. My stay here was so pleasant. I just mentioned that the iron did not work properly. Upon arrival that eve there was a cup of goodies on the kitchen counter and a really sweet note (hand written) from the staff. This is what I am talking about...treating us road warriers as if we are somthing special thanks Marriott

Room Tip: there is a Lucky accross the street to assist in groceries
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Amelia A, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose South, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear EdanMags,

It was our pleasure being of service to you and we're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us!

I will share your great feedback with the Team as this further inspire us to create memorable experiences for our guests and do better each day.

We hope to welcome you back very soon!

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Phoenix, Az United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is the perfect combination of cheerful, attentive, "can do" attitude of any hotel I have ever been to! The Staff is ready willing and available to assit in any myriad of ways for every need. My mom is in a wheelchair and accomodation after accomodation was made to make her stay more comfortable. it feels like staying with family to us, and I couldn't ask for any better treatment than that. I highly recommend a stay here! I especially want to comment on the Manager Ameilia. she has gone above and beyond in every instance to to serve us. The Staff have a very cohesive feel, and genuinely seem to enjoy their work. I'm sure this is due to the leadership of the Manager. Thank you Amelia!!! You are one in a million!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Amelia A, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose South, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Kathleen,

It is truly rewarding to get feedbacks from our guests! Moreover, inspiring to make a positive difference and touch lives in everyday that we do at work.

It is our pleasure to have the opportunity to be of service to you and your family.

Irvine, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Because of some health issues I have, it is difficult for me to travel. Amelia, the G.M., offered ways to make my stay more comfortable & it made such a difference. I couldn't believe how caring she was! I have never seen this before at any hotel. I wish I could have taken her home w/ me! She went above & beyond what hotels do. Everyone there was so pleasant & friendly. I was so grateful! Breakfasts are great too. We will be going back soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Amelia A, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose South, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Karen,

We greatly appreciate your nice comment and for giving us the opportunity to take care of you during your recent stay with us. We're glad that you had a comfortable stay with us

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me or any member of my Team for your future lodging needs.

Looking forward to having you back soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

This hotel provids breakfast and a light dinner and happy hour during the work week. The attitude of the staff is its biggest asset. There is a note in the room in case you would like your refrigerator stocked with groceries. whatore could you want!!

• Stayed September 2012
Amelia A, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose South, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Hi Bunny560,

Thank you for your awesome feedbacks! The Team sincerely appreciates having you stayed with us and gave us the opportunity to be of service.

We hope to welcome you back in the nearest future!

Kind regards,
Layton, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

First off the staff is awesome. The location is not bad. The price is quite high but this is San Jose so it's good for area. The rooms need an update 1994 cabinets and couches. They do have 2 LG flat screens which are nice. Overall I was happy.

• Stayed September 2012
Amelia A, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose South, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Charles,

It was nice to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn San Jose South!

Your feedbacks are greatly appreciated. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service.

We look forward to having you back soon!

Kindly,
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I put my house on the market and never expected it to sell in 4 days for my asking price. Therefore, I am staying at this wonderful hotel for the next two months until I move to Michigan. The exterior of this hotel is spotless and very welcoming. My room is extremely comfortable and the staff that takes care of cleaning the room do a great job and are very pleasant. I am a single female and I feel very safe throughout the entire property. They allow pets but I have never encountered a problem with odors or unkempt grounds. The breakfast and dinner meals are included in the daily rate and are a wonderful bonus. The laundry facilities are easy to use and the machines look to be new. But one of the best parts of this great hotel is the staff. All of the employees that I have met, Stacy, Marcella and Andrew have been amazing and extremely kind, welcoming, and very eager to help in any way. I cannot remember the last time I was treated so well while staying in a hotel. It’s very evident that customer service seems to be their number one priority and they do it with perfection.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Amelia A, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose South, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Tahoek:

Thank you for your recent stay at the Residence Inn San Jose South and your kind feedbacks about the Team.

I will surely pass on your awesome words and commendations to our staff.

We hope to welcome you back very soon! Enjoy the rest of the summer.

Best regards,
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I am a travel agent that traveled with my granddaugher for a Soccer Tournament in Morgan Hill. I am also a Marriott Specialist. All of my stays at a Marriott property have been great, but I really felt the need to comment on this property. The service was EXCEPTIONAL. From the time we walked in the entrance we were greeted with happy employees who gave us bottled water and a treat (cookies). The room was spotless. The breakfast was great, and all the employees we encountered were friendly and helpful. It is so refreshing to stay at a hotel that goes that extra mile to make you feel welcome. Kudos to the Staff! I will always recommend this hotel to clients that need a stay in that area. Everything was perfect! What a great job the staff at the hotel does!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear sjc270:

Thank you for your wonderful feedbacks about the Team at Residence Inn San Jose South!

This will further inspire the Team to do better at what they do each day which is taking care of our guests!

We hope to welcome you back in the nearest future!

Amelia H. Anastacio

Been to Residence Inn San Jose South? Share your experiences!