“Fabulous customer service nice room, too!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn San Jose-Airport

You added Holiday Inn San Jose-Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn San Jose-Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1350 North First Street, San Jose, CA 95112 (Formerly Wyndham Hotel San Jose)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #30 of 73 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersSilver level
Virginia
“Fabulous customer service nice room, too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

I was in San Jose for a business meeting, staying with my group at a different hotel in San Jose, when the power went out during a storm. The Wyndham was able to accommodate us perfectly with no advance notice whatsoever - we moved our entire event to the Wyndham and were back on schedule within an hour. The entire staff was wonderfully helpful - they even sent shuttle buses to pick us up and return us to the original hotel. I stayed one night at the hotel at the end of my trip and that was also a good experience: comfy bed, Aeron chair, a nice view and, again, great service. The hotel is near the airport and there aren't too many dining options nearby, but right across the street from the hotel is a light rail station, so it's quite easy to get into San Jose.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
San Jose, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

Free parking, close to light rail to connect to downtown offices and convention center without paying for parking. A few restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
San Jose
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

The Wyndham is located just outside the core of downtown San Jose, the light rail has a station conveniently across the street from the lobby. I am a travel agent in the area and I find that my clients are consistantly pleased with all the Wyndham has to offer.
Although, sporting groups miss not having a jacuzzi.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

I recently stayed there, and I really enjoy my stay. Great location, very friendly hotel representative. Nice amenity....

I highly suggest for anyone to stay either on business or to spend your holidays. Not to far from San Francisco downtown or to anywhere you're planning to visit.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
chicago, il
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to hotels, but this Wyndham was below even tempered expectations. It was not one thing, but more like "death by a thousand cuts". The room was a little dirty and very rundown with paint peeling, trim damaged, mold in bathroom, etc. The previous occupant had smoked and the room still smelled. The coffee supplied was undrinkable and the toiletries scant. The bed was comfortable enough though. The elevators were old and seemed a little creaky. Breakfast in the restaurant was expensive and very average. No easy way to get a quick bagel or pastry. The gym was an afterthought as it looked like a work-shed someone constructed and was not even attached to the hotel. The surrounding area was a little seedy and I wouldn't want to walk around after dark. Overall, it would be ok if staying one night, but I stayed for a week. I'm sure there are much nicer accomodations for the price range.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
GHageman, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Jose-Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2010
Thank you for your recent comments regarding the Wyndham San Jose Hotel on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is critical to our continuous improvement process. I sincerely apologize for a less than satisfactory stay. I am pleased to report that in just a few short weeks we will begin multi-million dollar guestroom renovation. I think you will be quite pleased with our new product. Thank you again for staying at the Wyndham San Jose and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Gary Hageman, General Manager
bay area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

My boyfriend and I were EXTREMLEY satisfied with our recent stay at the Wyndham Hotel located in San Jose. The Staff was entirely helpful in answering all of my questions and concerns. The minute I arrived they didn’t hesitate to make me feel very welcome and I was just blown away by their outstanding customer service! Virginia, The women at the front desk set me up with a Beautiful room on the 7th floor overlooking downtown San Jose. I honestly couldn't have asked for a better room, the view I received was spectacular!! I was very pleased with her professionalism and warm-friendly attitude. At other hotels I've stayed at cleanliness has always been an issue for me but I was shocked with how well the hotel presented itself. I liked how I was given the option to have my sheets and towels changed daily instead of at the end of my visit. The Best part was how reasonable the price of my stay cost. Some might be fooled into thinking its very pricey because the atmosphere was very upscale compared to other hotels ive stayed at. Another GREAT aspect to The Wyndham Hotel is the restaurant located in the lobby area. After a wonderful night of rest my boyfriend and I requested to receive a wake up call around 9 a.m. The Call came on time as they promised but we didn’t have a lot of time to drive around looking for a Denny’s so we decided to eat at the breakfast buffet downstairs. We LOVED it!! As we entered the Host made sure to well inform us with every bit of information we needed to know. I was also very fascinated with how on top of it the waiters were. Besides the delicious food the location was extremely convenient for us. And let me also add that there was no long lines or confusing menus to deal with so it was very time consuming. I was very pleased with my overall stay at the wyndham hotel and I would suggest it to anyone interested in an upscale hotel at an affordable price. I do plan on returning very soon!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Oakland, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

I stayed at Wyndham Hotel San Jose Valentine's weekend as well as the following weekend. I was treated with exceptional service and felt as if the staff was genuine in wanting to make my stay pleasant. Since I travel to San Jose once a month I have stayed in many hotels in the area, this one has made it to my #1. George Rubio set me up with a beautiful room and made sure everything went perfectly. He was very professional and made me and my colleagues feel important. The prices were better than most of the hotels in the area, and there was no comparison when it comes to the overall value of my stay .

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn San Jose-Airport? Share your experiences!