“Good choice for an early flight” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn San Jose-Airport

You added Holiday Inn San Jose-Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn San Jose-Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1350 North First Street, San Jose, CA 95112 (Formerly Wyndham Hotel San Jose)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #30 of 73 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersSilver level
West Lawn, Pennsylvania
“Good choice for an early flight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed here for one night before our early flight back to the east coast. The hotel is close to the airport which means its pretty well worn. However, the room was very clean and the staff were very friendly. The shuttle drivers, one guy was younger in his mid 30s and the other was an older gentlemen, were FANTASTIC. We ate in the hotel's bar where the food was good and the bartender was very pleasant. Bed was comfortable and the TV worked great as well as the shower so we had a very nice stay. The parking is a hassle. Thankfully, we had a rental car so we turned it in before our stay. Its $9 a day to park which doesn't bother me that much but they have a gate which means you have to get a ticket then get it validated with a ticket machine inside. Its just a process which is a pain and needs to be addressed. But other than that we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Drop off the rental car before your stay to avoid parking hassle.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
GHageman, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Jose-Airport, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you letting us know about your stay at the Holiday Inn San Jose Airport. I was so pleased to hear that you found our hotel and location a GREAT choice for flying in and out of San Jose International Airport. Thank you for your kind remarks regarding our shuttle drivers and the rest of our hotel staff. I apologize for the inconvenience with the parking gates. For our overnight guests, we validate the ticket at check-in as a part of the daily fee and that ticket allows in & out privileges for the entire stay. Thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Gary Hageman / General Manager / Holiday Inn San Jose Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I was not Impressed with the room cleanliness. There were mouse dropping in the Bathroom and the toilet was not clean. In fact it was discussing. I would not stay there again. beware they charge for parking 13$ a night. I have never stayed in a hotel and was charged for parking. However the hotel did reimburse me when I told them about the room condition.

Green Features: They were good about the towels and water conservation.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GHageman, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Jose-Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate hearing back from our guests about their stay with us. I am sorry you had some cleanliness issues with your room and we thank you for bringing that to our attention. It sounds like the staff took care of you when you reported the issue. Thank you for your business and we hope to welcome you back.
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

The bathroom (private shower/toilet) does not have an exhaust fan. The towels are not 100% cotton, they have 3% polyester-- so they are very plush but do not get you dry. Add those two things together and you have to open the door to get enough air to get dry which can create a privacy issue! The hallway door is right there... in direct view of potty.

The closet is small, ironing board hangs into the space where the closet door would close so you lose 2-3" of access into the already small closet space. (Add a couple of women attending a convention who will be changing into formal dresses every night for dinners and this becomes a problem.) Sink space is rather invaded by the coffee maker, so if you have a roommate with lots of accessories, you may get your toothpaste and coffee amenities all mixed together in the same small space! There seems to be a lack of electrical outlets near sink and in the room; although the lamps have their own built-in single outlet.

Beds are comfy. Sleeping was very QUIET. (recent renovation must have added sound-proofing because I heard nobody above us or beside us and my convention group was large-- booked the facility within 80% of their capacity) Furniture is new with a seemingly asian/modern flair! We had a small fridge in our room-- very nice. There is a liquor store right next to the hotel, they sell overpriced milk and cereal; however their cookies and candy is cheaper than the hotel gift shop. Their prices for a case of water was $8.50 and I get that stuff at my local grocery store for less than $3. Large selection of wine but I couldn't tell ya if it was overpriced or high quality stuff, or not! Most of the liquor store customers seemed rather low class and several would walk thru the hotel parking lot after making their purchase... so I made especially sure my car was locked and empty. Parking was ample, gated. At the end of a week, no problems in the parking lot. No bellman service, ONE luggage cart in the whole place, so ya may want to bring a collapsable little red wagon of your own if you have extra paraphanelia...

Hey-- the only reason I am staying at this hotel is because a convention I need to attend is here and we got a $109 rate for 2 queen beds. The front desk check in was very polite, quick and tricky-- they will hit your card for $50/day for "amenities" (according to hotel policy), even if you pay with cash upon arrival. I told them NO, turn off the cable movies and room service, etc. Manager obliged and made sure those charges were reversed on my debit card the next day, she had a really friendly and professional attitude about it. Coffee shop has very good meals, reasonable prices, very, very, good service-- Thank you Julian for taking excellent care of us!

The manager and banquet staff were introduced at our convention meeting and told us about the complete renovation the facility has recently had. Its nice inside, only found one ripple in the carpet on a ramp leading from convention space over to room tower. The lobby is spacious with several TV's and enough lounge space for spouses and teens to kick back. I heard the bar was good and it has some extended hours. Overall the banquet staff were very pleasant, responsive and accomodating to all the special needs of our large group for a whole week.

Room Tip: front entrance canopy to unload and check-in, however rooms on south side have a very low-key servic...
Green Features: They claim they use non-toxic pest control. That's noticable-- there are no odors from cleaning products in the rooms or elsewhere.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
GHageman, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Jose-Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for your very detailed review of your stay at the Holiday Inn San Jose Airport. It was a pleasure to serve as the host hotel for the Native Daughters. The response from the group has been very positive and we are happy that everyone appeared to have a great stay. Your feedback is quite helpful to our continuous improvement process. We will certainly take your suggestions into consideration in our efforts to make it more enjoyable for future guests. Thank you for your business and we hope to welcome the group back in the future.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I had stayed a year before, and had considerable problems with connecting to the internet. This time, I had no problem with wifi connection, and my internet experience was great. They also renovated their fitness room, with an abundance of workout machines, which was very pleasant. The staff were very friendly and efficient. My TV remote was not functioning, and I had both the remote and the batteries changed, but did not work. I asked the next day for repair, and when I came back to my room after work, all was corrected.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
GHageman, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Jose-Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Holiday Inn San Jose Airport. I appreciate your willingness to come back after experiencing some problems on a previous visit. I am so glad that you had a much better experience and found our team to be friendly and responsive to your needs. We are continually working at raising the bar on our service levels and improving our product. We just completed the final phase of our guestroom renovation. Thank you for your business and we hope to welcome you back in the future.
Lititz, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

A couple months ago I was in the San Jose area for a couple weeks due to a business trip and I stayed at this hotel. This facility was recently converted to the Holiday Inn family from a different chain and has been rennovated. The lobby and other public areas are nicely furnished. The three different rooms that I stayed in were clean, with new furnishings. The beds were comfortable and the bathrooms had plenty of space. The breakfast buffet was good and offered plenty of variety for a reasonable price. The dinner menu also had a good mix of offerings and the food and service was good. The staff were friendly and helpful. I have recommended this hotel to my associates who were as surprised as me to find such a nice and well managed Holiday Inn in the San Jose area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GHageman, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Jose-Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. W truly enjoy hearing back from our valued customers about their experience at the Holiday Inn San Jose Airport. I am so glad that you had a GREAT stay and enjoyed the results of our recent $8M property renovation. The response has been very favorable to date. I am glad that you had a chance to dine with us and enjoyed our breakfast buffet. The staff can really make a big difference in a hotel stay and I was pleased to hear that you found our team friendly and helpful. Thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you and your colleagues back.
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Our stay here was limited to one night and was comfortable with the surroundings but it did have a lot of noise and the bed was broken. Overall it was a fairly average stay but had wuick access to the freeway.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you letting us know about your stay at the Holiday Inn San Jose Airport. I am sorry that you experienced some noise problems during your stay with us. Our renovation work is now complete so the hotel is very quiet once again. We will certainly check the bed out in your room and replace the mattress if there is an issue. I am glad that you found our location to be convenient with quick access to the freeway.
Thank you for your business and we hope to welcome you back.
Gary Hageman / General Manager / Holiday Inn San Jos Airport
Kirkland, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

The Holiday Inn at the San Jose airport is very convenient to the airport and downtown. The lobby has been redone recently and shows as the latest model of Holiday Inn. While no Crowne Plaza - it was solid. Upon checking into my 2 bed room on the 3rd floor, I couldn't get the air conditioner on. It was a converted built in window unit with an indicator and control on the opposite wall. Tried as I might, I couldn't get the unit to work. Called downstairs and someone came to the door promptly and showed me that I couldn't have anything (like myself) between the sensor in the control and the air conditioner on the other side of the room. Strange as I have used these devices nearly all my life and all have worked, even while I was standing in front of it. Next I went to set up my desk. There was no lamp on the desk and no visible plug available at the desk. The closest one I could find was out of cord's reach on the other side of the TV. I then tried to connect to the internet, which worked initially, but kept bumping me off as I only got 2-3 bars in the room ever. Then frustrated by the plug situation I decided to search again. Under the desk I went, then on the sides of the table -- maybe it was behind, but just at the level of the desk. Nope -- then I pulled back the curtains next to the desk, and tada -- it was there behind the curtains and needed the curtains pulled back resting on the cords when they were plugged in (is that firesafe? I don't know but it worked) Yeah. At this Holiday Inn, rewards members are invited to a wine hour on the top floor. It was a popular event with all seating locations taken up. Red and White wine along with poppers, cheese cubes and crackers. Nice.

Bed was great, however, the air conditioner turned off again in the night and I couldn't get it back working again until I was just about to leave.

The restaurant food was quite good. Pork Chop was great, while the vegetable soup didn't float my boat.

Next day I heard that a cohort got a rate at the Fairmont for $20 more than mine. While I Holiday Inn was fine, eventually - I was still a little jealous.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
GHageman, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Jose-Airport, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate hearing back from our valued customers about their experience at the Holiday Inn San Jose Airport. Having just recently completed an $8M renovation of our guestrooms and public areas, we have been receiving favorable reviews from our guests regarding our new décor. I apologize for the A/C and Internet problems you encountered but was pleased to hear that our staff responded quickly to your concerns. We will certainly re-check this room to insure that everything is in proper working order. I was pleased to hear that you had a chance to dine in our restaurant and enjoyed your entrée. We certainly hope you will select the Holiday Inn again on a return visit to San Jose. Thank you for your business.
Gary Hageman / General Manager / Holiday Inn San Jose Airport

Been to Holiday Inn San Jose-Airport? Share your experiences!