“Not a bargain” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn San Jose-Airport

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn San Jose-Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn San Jose-Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1350 North First Street, San Jose, CA 95112 (Formerly Wyndham Hotel San Jose)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #28 of 71 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersSilver level
Longboat Key Fl
“Not a bargain”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The room was described as a corner room, cost $193 including tax, and was extremely small. In the old days they would have called it a maid's room or a chauffeur's room. It was not really a double room and was crowded for two people. There was a good shower but no bathtub - no room for one!
The public areas in the hotel were fine but the bedroom was way too small, the smallest I have ever seen in a chain hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator, and make sure it is big enough.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
GHageman, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Jose-Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We do appreciate you taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn San Jose Airport. While our corner rooms are "comfy" and feature the same amenities of our standard guestrooms, the floor space is smaller. Some customers prefer these end rooms with showers (vs. tubs) while others prefer the additional square footage. We would happy to insure that you receive a larger room during a future visit to our area. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the other improvements that we have made since the completion of our $8M renovation. We hope that you will give us a second chance and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Gary Hageman / General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
East Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I love how this hotel is always clean inside and out. The renovations were needed and they did a great job with them. The lightrail is across the street which makes it easier to move around and visit downtown.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I was very pleased to hear that you had a chance to experience our hotel since the completion of our $8M renovation. We have received very favorable response from our guests regarding all of the improvements to the hotel. The Holiday Inn San Jose Airport is a great location...just 1 mile from the airport, easy freeway access to I-880 and Highway 101 and Light Rail access to downtown. We do appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back.
East Greenwich, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn in San Jose right near the airport. I found this recently built Holiday Inn quite nice, albeit a little expensive overall. The hotel is large and has a big comfortable lobby, but it is quite busy and not for quiet working. The hotel has this color green, modern theme and really works. The rooms were comfortable and modern, following on the same green theme. I don't love how the bathroom has the sink in a different room/area from the shower, but it was fine. The shower was really nice and strong and hot, which is a nice way to start the day. I found the bed comfortable and got a very good nights sleep.
My only complaint about the hotel is around the food...it was expensive! I did room service for dinner, as I was exhausted from driving all day. The food was actually tasty and warm, and came pretty quick, but it was just expensive. Over $45 for a side salad, and simple pasta dish. No dessert, no alcohol! The same went for breakfast. I did not do the buffet, but ordered off the menu. My two travel mates did the buffet. Breakfast for 3 people was almost $50! That is pretty crazy.
Finally, I used the hotel's business center a few times and found it easy to use and quick, and free, which is always nice. The location of the hotel is very good being close to the airport and downtown and plenty of restaurants. I would stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GHageman, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Jose-Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay and your feedback is very helpful to our continuous improvement process. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the many improvements from our recent $8M renovation project. We have received very favorable response from many of our guests. I do understand and appreciate your concerns relative to food pricing. We do offer our guests a 20% discount on food purchases in restaurant dining (coupon is presented at check-in). Additionally, our Lobby Lounge is available for dining and offers some lighter fare, sandwiches and salads at a lesser cost. Thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Barrington, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have been in nicer HIExpress... Nuff said.
I hope my room on 5th floor is pre renovation. They answer the phone "new HI', nothing new about this place. A/c is either off or too cold.
Internet speed is only so-so 1meg down 1 meg up.

Bed is vey bouncy and not comfy. I seem to not like HI beds except for Intercon.

For th price, not worth staing at all.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GHageman, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Jose-Airport, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. Having just completed an $8M renovation and receiving the InterContinental Hotel Group renovation award for 2012, I was disappointed to hear about your experience. Please accept my apologies for a less than satisfactory stay. While we did make some improvements to our lower floor rooms we will be completing a total renovation of these guestrooms in early 2013. I was sorry to hear about the A/C issues you had and will insure that this unit is checked by our maintenance team. We had several AT&T access points go down and this did cause some issues with Internet service. This has since been resolved. As I do not feel your stay was indicative of the service we generally provide, I hope that you might consider giving us a 2nd chance. You are more than welcome to reach out to me to assist you with a future reservation. Again our apologies and we thank you for your business.
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I came to San Jose for business and I really enjoyed my stay here. Alex and Charlotte were wonderful and friendly. They were both accommodating and professional.

There was a gentleman working the later shift who wasn't too pleasant, but I didn't need to deal with him too much.

I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GHageman, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Jose-Airport, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to let us and others know about your stay at the Holiday Inn San Jose Airport. I am so pleased that you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you as well for recognizing specific members of our team for their outstanding service. I will certainly share these comments with them. Should your furture travels include the San Jose area we will look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you for your business.
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Got a high floor room due to PRC Plat. Rooms are newly renovated, but very basic. Other colleagues go lower floor rooms and are old and tired. Checked in twice in the period of 2 weeks. First front desk staff do not recognize me as Plat member. Second did and offer a bottle of water and cookie. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GHageman, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Jose-Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you letting us know about your experience at the Holiday Inn San Jose Airport. While it is true that we have recently completed a major renovation of our guestrooms on floors 6-9, we will will begin our lower floor rooms in early 2013. The response to our new rooms has been quite favorable. As we truly value our Priority Club members I was sorry to hear about the lack of recognition at check-in. We will certainly address this with our front office team and implement some additional training. Thank you for your business and we hope to welcome you back during a future visit to San Jose.
Farmington, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The restaurant was closed, but the bar served food. The service was great, as well as the quality of the food. I ordered a sandwich and was surprised at the size. The front desk clerk suggested a Chinese restaurant a short walk away which was very good. I was most impressed with the shuttle driver who went out of his way to accomodate me

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you feedback regarding your stay with us. I was glad to hear that the hotel staff was able to provide some suggestions on local dining options that were in close proximity to the hotel. We will certainly share your nice comments with our bell/driver staff and I was glad to hear he made a difference in your stay.
Thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Gary Hageman / General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn San Jose-Airport? Share your experiences!