“Great happy hour” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Loft Bar and Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #142 of 1,696 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: San Fernando
Transit: Lightrail runs in front of Loft, exit at Santa Clara Station on 1st St. or 2nd St.
Sacramento, California
“Great happy hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We went there after a conference at the community center. It was a short distance away and it offered great happy hour prices. I had a chinese salad and beer.

Visited October 2013

San Jose, California
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I got a gift card from Costco for this restaurant so, I thought I would try it out. I had the chicken marsala and it was absolutely delicious (perfection). My bf had the Filet Mignon and it also was tender and came with avery nice tasting sauce (also perfection). The vegtables were cooked to perfection. The only thing I would say could use improvement was the mashed potatoes. They were a little dry and needed more flavor. Not enough to keep me away thought. :) The Creme brulee was ok. It could have been sweeter being a dessert. The texture was completely there but just not sweet enough for me. I had a mixed drink and it was created just as it should have been not weak and not too strong, enough to keep me happy. I also had a wedge salad and this was also ok. The waitress we had was very nice but became scarce at times. She could have been more attentive. We will come again as the main course was delicious. It is hard to please me with a steak as I have had some really good cuts of meat and I will definately come back to order the filet.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lafayette, Colorado
“Spectacular dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great location, wonderful food (and a very varied menu), with a bar downstairs and dining room plus patio seating area upstairs, this place has it all. Very nicely surprised by the quality of the food. Service was excellent too. Also had a little jazz trio playing in the bar.

Visited June 2013
SF Bay Area
“A feeling of Manhattan in San Jose”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Yes, I know Manhattan is Manhattan center of the Universe, with a capitalized U. San Jose is not to be mistaken for Manhattan however when I entered the Loft Bar and Bistro with the exposed walls of brick, the high ceilings, the upstairs restaurant and downstairs bar it sure felt like I was right smack dab in the middle of the Big Apple.

Varied menu with lots of choices for vegetarians and carnivores alike. Service was awesome! I love it when the server introduces themselves us and when there's a change in wait staff they let you know and there is a seamless transition. Well done!

Food was good, had the veggie sliders and the gazpacho soup. Yum. Fun cocktails, large wine and beer offerings too.

Easy parking just across the street. Overall just righ.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Jose, California
“Nice place with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Good food and nice atmosphere. I went here with a few of my friends for some drinks. We had a great time, recevied great service. I enjoyed sit on the rooftop patio.

• Visited August 2012