“Average Place to Stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Vagabond Inn San Jose (SJC Airport)

Expedia.com Booking.com
Vagabond Inn San Jose (SJC Airport)
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1488 North First Street, San Jose, CA 95112   |
Ranked #40 of 72 hotels in San Jose
Los Angeles, California
“Average Place to Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The location of the Vagabond Inn may be close to the airport however the people who frequent the area bring it down quite a bit. Within the same parking lot is a Dennys Diner open 24 hours. Issue with them is they're slow. Also a 7-11 convenience store on the corner however just to get there you've got the people who cause trouble. Dicey.
Cleanliness of the rooms is good. Televisions are older. Housekeepers are friendly & helpful. There's a pool and laundry as well. Too bad this Inn is located in such a not so nice area.

• Stayed July 2012

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

This worked great as an overnight stop on our way through San Jose. The rooms were large, clean, and seemed to be recently redone. If you were staying longer, you might want to find something in a better neighborhood, but it would be great for an overnight stop. Also, it was a very sparse continental breakfast, but the coffee was good and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed June 2012
Benicia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

After having a difficult experience with a previous hotel, I immediately found the staff at the Vagabond Inn incredibly friendly which sold me immediately. I called quite a few motels/inns in the area and this was the first where I actually had a conversation with the staff, which is a huge plus in my book. To be perfectly honest, I wanted to write this review before I even stayed, but I knew that I should wait until after my stay was done before I did. But it is safe to say now, that all of my original feelings were true and the Vagabond Inn did not disappoint!

The room itself was your standard, average room, clean and well kept. The bed was quite comfortable, and everything seemed to be in fine working order. If I had any complaint whatsoever about the room, it would be that the refrigerator was not working. Go figure, the first time I ever wanted to use one in a hotel room too.

While the location was a bit far from where I needed to be (the San Jose Convention Center), the train which goes straight there was very conveniently located less than a block down the street, making our trip a whole lot easier.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Alhambra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

When we arrived, the room was nice and clean. We were glad that access to the train was just across the street as we went into Downtown San Jose.

When we got back, we were please to remember that there is a Denny's right next to the hotel.

Though we only stayed overnight, we would have enjoyed an extended stay.

Thanks,

Tony

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

It was a wonderful experience staying in this Vagabond Inn.
You get a very friendly customer service and feel at home.
By the way, I found the location is very convenient because
of nearby Sanjose airport and also nice restaurants within
walking distance.

Room Tip: Call them before you come and tell your requirements. They will help you in selecting a desired roo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Suisun City, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I recently relocated to San Jose and searched the web for a "pet-friendly" hotel. This lead me to the Vagabond Inn and I must say that this is a great place to stay in San Jose!

Angie, Danny, Walter, Arleen and Ravi are very accommodating and will make sure that you have everything that you need to feel comfortable. They have gone 'the extra mile' to make sure that I am taken good care of.

Take my word for it...you'll be happy that you chose The Vagabond, San Jose when you are seeking a clean room and friendly service...not to mention, they accept our pets!

~Angela Tate

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are very quiet...away from the street traffic.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Ecuador
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

After checking out the terrible rooms and atmosphere next door at Motel 6, the Vagabond Inn was so nice. It was CLEAN, there weren't a bunch of shady characters scoping us out as we brought our bags into the room, and we felt SAFE. For an inexpensive (around $70 for two of us) place close to the airport, I'd recommend the Vagabond Inn for sure.

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Vagabond Inn San Jose (SJC Airport)? Share your experiences!