I am a native San Jose gal so this was my first time staying at the Fairmont. My sister and I had a double/double room in the main building (supposedly other towers are more expensive because they are remodeled, or something to that affect). I wasn't going to pay an extra $30 just for brand new and I'm glad I didn't.
Pulled into valet/check in and only had time to check in before leaving again so the valet kindly let me park for 10 minutes. Check in was easy. Love love love the room. Bathroom, huge! Beds, comfy! Tons of space throughout the room.
Everything even looked new so I wasn't feeling left out. There is a huge closet in the vanity area, which is separate from the actual bathroom, which is also separate from the toilet. Brilliant. Now we can all get ready and not bump into each other.
Dislike $26 valet parking. Not sure where else you would park though.
Dislike the bar in the main building closes at midnight. You can still sit in the round seating around but no drinks or food. Boo. You can however go to the store and buy alcohol to drink in that area..so we did! (huge wedding party not ready for bed yet).
Check out was a breeze, they send you an email and you can check out from there. Oh yeah, and free Wifi.
Great location for downtown SJ. Walking distance to tons of restaurants.
Definitely coming back here if the price is right!
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont San Jose Hotel
- The Fairmont San Jose Hotel San Jose
- Fairmont San Jose
- San Jose Fairmont
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 1987 in the heart of the city, this five-star, 541-room hotel has become the city's social center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Otel, Olotels, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your The Fairmont San Jose reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.