“Spacious, clean rooms; not ideal for females traveling alone” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #12 of 72 hotels in San Jose
Cary, North Carolina
“Spacious, clean rooms; not ideal for females traveling alone”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here for a business trip and found my room to be nicely decorated, spacious and clean. Unfortunately, the exterior of the building is in some disrepair, and I was not aware until my arrival that all rooms open to the outside. This did not make me feel secure, especially as a woman traveling alone. The kitchen in my room was well equipped and I liked having the option to stay in for the evening meal. The free breakfast was so-so. Eggs did not taste fresh...more like something poured out of a carton. I was glad that I rented a car because their shuttle service requires making a request 24 hours in advance, which was not a good option for my schedule. Front desk staff was friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites San Jose, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear JFBWDogs,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. I am pleased to know that you found our room clean and our front desk staff friendly. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had because of the lay-out of the rooms as well as breakfast. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

What a really great hotel - smart, new and comfortable. Nice staff, great breakfast and cost effective. The staff were friendly and helpful, the whole thing was efficient and clean.

I slept well and loved the Casino 200 yards away - open 24 hours a day plus the great fitness centre next door.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good and quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
GMSJCJO, General Manager at Staybridge Suites San Jose, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Hello Mr. O’Donnell,

Tank you for this wonderful review. We are so proud of the new design of our rooms here. As you mention we are very close to the Bay 101 casino and to 24HR Fitness. The renovation of our public spaces will be complete soon and when we are done our existing on-site fitness room will triple in size and include new equipment.

Most importantly we are very proud to have you recognize the wonderful staff at our hotel. We work to have this kind of experience for each of our guests and we are excited when we get to share these results with everyone.

Please come and see us again soon.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed in a 2BR unit here for two nights.... The room was renovated within days of our stay (I know this as the units on the ground floor of our building were being worked on during our stay, plus the fresh carpet/paint smell in the room) Incredible room size and super comfortable. No noise whatsoever. Breakfast was decent in the mornings, and the staff was extremely helpful. Close proximity to the San Jose Airport and to the 101. Would look at staying here again if I am in the area

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GMSJCJO, General Manager at Staybridge Suites San Jose, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Hello ktown_traveller04,

We are excited you chose to stay with us while you visited San Jose. As you note the renovations were ongoing at the time of your visit. All areas are now completed and on your next visit you can experience all of the modern touches we have added. Please come visit us again soon.

Regards,

Charles.julien@ihg.com
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed at the Staybridge in SJ for 4 nights at the end of June in a 2BR suite with my 8 and 10 year old. Many if not most suites at the hotel had recently undergone a facelift with new furniture, carpet, appliances, bathroom fixtures, kitchen cabinets and trim throughout, which made it on par with any other big city hotel where form is as important as function. It was very nice! (We've stayed at Staybridge in the past, and while it was perfectly comfortable, you could tell it was dated).

We ate breakfast at the free buffet every morning. I think its great that they have hot food (eggs, belgian waffle, sausage, etc), not just cold cereal. They had flavored coffee creamer, which I consumed a lot of every morning, as this is something I would not buy for myself. The evening light dinners (ie dumplings, hot dogs/hamburgers, pizza, always with salad) were fine if you wanted to grab a free meal with out getting in the car, or if you wanted to augment your carryout leftovers from the night before. They do have a grill on site and I saw a guest grilling food on it one night. I did laundry (machines are free, but you need to provide your own detergent) while there, which was great. The pool had a hot tub and looked nice, but my son was there to have surgery, so couldn't swim, so the whole family passed on the pool. The location is very convenient to many restaurants, stores, highways, etc. The staff were exceptionally nice.

The only downside I would say is that while free wifi is included, I had trouble maintaining a connection to my work VPN through the wifi connection. I called tech support 3 times and they tried various things, but were unable to really resolve the problem.

So in summary, a great, comfortable place to stay with your family. I would definitely stay there again if the occasion called for it.

Room Tip: If you are a member of the loyalty program (Priority), you will get a nicer room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GMSJCJO, General Manager at Staybridge Suites San Jose, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
I would like to thank you so very much for these kind words. We all hope that your son has recovered well and that you are able to enjoy swim with us on the next visit. The hotels internet has been a top focus and we hope that you will visit us again soon and let us show you how much we have improved.

san jose
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

:( :( I been there over 1 week already i call asking for service in my room. They didn't come service and i call office again and they treat me like i was asking for free service. House keeper clean came over making so much noise at my place while i taking a rest. By the way the house keeper look so lazy and then when i Check Out 01/08 at 2:30 pm , I forgot my shoe Louis vuitton and i call them right away within 10 minute to let me go back into the room but they don't let me go in and they say they didn't see it .. i'm sad i just pay my shoe $900 .... anyway i let you guy know be careful this place. :( :(

Room Tip: Valley park hotel san jose 2404 stevens creek blvd san jose 95128.. i been there before they very n...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Hello jasmineSanJose,

I would like to take a moment to apologize to you for the unfavorable experience you had during your visit here last summer. Since your visit we have change staff and improved dramatically our service to our clientele. Of course, missing shoes would ruin any stay in a hotel and I can understand why you would be disappointed. Please allow me an opportunity to speak with you in person about the situation. I would like to invite you back to share the changes and give us an opportunity to win you over.

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011 via mobile

This hotel has a nice breakfast and nice pool area. The rooms are dated and could use some updating but large. The internet was slow. I couldnt get wifi by the pool for more than 10 minutes at a time It was a comfortable stay and the staff were pleasant. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011
GMSJCJO, General Manager at Staybridge Suites San Jose, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Hello Cgyguy30,

Your review of our hotel October 2011 lists areas of concern that we are proud to have improved upon since you last visited the area. The hotel has completed renovations of the guest rooms to offer updated modern design. We hope you will be able to travel to our area again very soon so we can show off and receive your updated review. Please feel free to reach out to me directly as I would be honored to meet you and share the upgrades personally.

Portland, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

Staybridge Suites San Jose is my go-to hotel for business trips to Silicon Valley - close to the airport yet not right on a major street, and convienent for many businesses. You'll want a car if staying more than a night, but that's partly just San Jose - restaurants all require a short drive.

The rooms are a little worn at this location (cracked trim in the bathroom, few small gouges on the kitchen counter) - but suite is good sized and comfortable. The bed is great, with abundent pillows and soft sheets. Plenty of hot water for showers. Always a quiet night's sleep, with good climate control too. The kitchen has all the amenities for making a snack or a light dinner. Wireless reliable and reasonably fast.

Hot breakfast is great, with waffles, mini omlettes, sausage, cereals and pastries, and a good selection of fruit. Each room has coffee and tea, as well as a packet of popcorn to make you feel at home. This stay, I received a small gift for being a Priority Club member - Milano cookies. Staff has always been welcoming, whether I'm checking in at 5pm or 11pm. The pool always looks clean and inviting, just wish I've had time to use it!

Room Tip: Join the Priority Club, get larger suites and freebies!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Staybridge Suites San Jose? Share your experiences!