“Brand new rooms! Extremely comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 72 hotels in San Jose
Toronto, Canada
“Brand new rooms! Extremely comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed in a 2BR unit here for two nights.... The room was renovated within days of our stay (I know this as the units on the ground floor of our building were being worked on during our stay, plus the fresh carpet/paint smell in the room) Incredible room size and super comfortable. No noise whatsoever. Breakfast was decent in the mornings, and the staff was extremely helpful. Close proximity to the San Jose Airport and to the 101. Would look at staying here again if I am in the area

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GMSJCJO, General Manager at Staybridge Suites San Jose, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Hello ktown_traveller04,

We are excited you chose to stay with us while you visited San Jose. As you note the renovations were ongoing at the time of your visit. All areas are now completed and on your next visit you can experience all of the modern touches we have added. Please come visit us again soon.

Regards,

Charles.julien@ihg.com

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed at the Staybridge in SJ for 4 nights at the end of June in a 2BR suite with my 8 and 10 year old. Many if not most suites at the hotel had recently undergone a facelift with new furniture, carpet, appliances, bathroom fixtures, kitchen cabinets and trim throughout, which made it on par with any other big city hotel where form is as important as function. It was very nice! (We've stayed at Staybridge in the past, and while it was perfectly comfortable, you could tell it was dated).

We ate breakfast at the free buffet every morning. I think its great that they have hot food (eggs, belgian waffle, sausage, etc), not just cold cereal. They had flavored coffee creamer, which I consumed a lot of every morning, as this is something I would not buy for myself. The evening light dinners (ie dumplings, hot dogs/hamburgers, pizza, always with salad) were fine if you wanted to grab a free meal with out getting in the car, or if you wanted to augment your carryout leftovers from the night before. They do have a grill on site and I saw a guest grilling food on it one night. I did laundry (machines are free, but you need to provide your own detergent) while there, which was great. The pool had a hot tub and looked nice, but my son was there to have surgery, so couldn't swim, so the whole family passed on the pool. The location is very convenient to many restaurants, stores, highways, etc. The staff were exceptionally nice.

The only downside I would say is that while free wifi is included, I had trouble maintaining a connection to my work VPN through the wifi connection. I called tech support 3 times and they tried various things, but were unable to really resolve the problem.

So in summary, a great, comfortable place to stay with your family. I would definitely stay there again if the occasion called for it.

Room Tip: If you are a member of the loyalty program (Priority), you will get a nicer room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GMSJCJO, General Manager at Staybridge Suites San Jose, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
I would like to thank you so very much for these kind words. We all hope that your son has recovered well and that you are able to enjoy swim with us on the next visit. The hotels internet has been a top focus and we hope that you will visit us again soon and let us show you how much we have improved.

san jose
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

:( :( I been there over 1 week already i call asking for service in my room. They didn't come service and i call office again and they treat me like i was asking for free service. House keeper clean came over making so much noise at my place while i taking a rest. By the way the house keeper look so lazy and then when i Check Out 01/08 at 2:30 pm , I forgot my shoe Louis vuitton and i call them right away within 10 minute to let me go back into the room but they don't let me go in and they say they didn't see it .. i'm sad i just pay my shoe $900 .... anyway i let you guy know be careful this place. :( :(

Room Tip: Valley park hotel san jose 2404 stevens creek blvd san jose 95128.. i been there before they very n...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Hello jasmineSanJose,

I would like to take a moment to apologize to you for the unfavorable experience you had during your visit here last summer. Since your visit we have change staff and improved dramatically our service to our clientele. Of course, missing shoes would ruin any stay in a hotel and I can understand why you would be disappointed. Please allow me an opportunity to speak with you in person about the situation. I would like to invite you back to share the changes and give us an opportunity to win you over.

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011 via mobile

This hotel has a nice breakfast and nice pool area. The rooms are dated and could use some updating but large. The internet was slow. I couldnt get wifi by the pool for more than 10 minutes at a time It was a comfortable stay and the staff were pleasant. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011
GMSJCJO, General Manager at Staybridge Suites San Jose, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Hello Cgyguy30,

Your review of our hotel October 2011 lists areas of concern that we are proud to have improved upon since you last visited the area. The hotel has completed renovations of the guest rooms to offer updated modern design. We hope you will be able to travel to our area again very soon so we can show off and receive your updated review. Please feel free to reach out to me directly as I would be honored to meet you and share the upgrades personally.

Portland, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

Staybridge Suites San Jose is my go-to hotel for business trips to Silicon Valley - close to the airport yet not right on a major street, and convienent for many businesses. You'll want a car if staying more than a night, but that's partly just San Jose - restaurants all require a short drive.

The rooms are a little worn at this location (cracked trim in the bathroom, few small gouges on the kitchen counter) - but suite is good sized and comfortable. The bed is great, with abundent pillows and soft sheets. Plenty of hot water for showers. Always a quiet night's sleep, with good climate control too. The kitchen has all the amenities for making a snack or a light dinner. Wireless reliable and reasonably fast.

Hot breakfast is great, with waffles, mini omlettes, sausage, cereals and pastries, and a good selection of fruit. Each room has coffee and tea, as well as a packet of popcorn to make you feel at home. This stay, I received a small gift for being a Priority Club member - Milano cookies. Staff has always been welcoming, whether I'm checking in at 5pm or 11pm. The pool always looks clean and inviting, just wish I've had time to use it!

Room Tip: Join the Priority Club, get larger suites and freebies!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Courtenay, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

The amenities say they offer a complimentary ride to businesses within a 5 mile radius but when you ask for one well within the radius they state they don't go there. If you put a note in every room stating within a 5 mile radius than you damn well better go there. This is definantly not a place to come without a vehicle.

Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

i have been there over the weekend using the 119 dollar night weekend offer.

first: the location is very nice: close to us 101 north and south, perfect for access to palo alto, stanford or gilroy and intermediate stay.

the individual arrangement of four appartments in one house is nice.

the whole location is very quit, i'm sentive to this; and i'm lucky.

------

the whole lacation is old, may 10 or more. related to the age the furniture, doors and the whole interior equipement is old. you see this, but is works and is ok.

------

the breakfast is the usual staybridge hotel, may be a little bit less. the staff is VERY FRIENDLY and helpful (not a usual thing nowadays).

the typical hotel guest are coming from india and china, beering students or doing internship (or or or).

i'm lucky to find this hotel, because this makes a new alternative to palo alto hotels etc.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Staybridge Suites San Jose? Share your experiences!