We stayed at the Staybridge in SJ for 4 nights at the end of June in a 2BR suite with my 8 and 10 year old. Many if not most suites at the hotel had recently undergone a facelift with new furniture, carpet, appliances, bathroom fixtures, kitchen cabinets and trim throughout, which made it on par with any other big city hotel where form is as important as function. It was very nice! (We've stayed at Staybridge in the past, and while it was perfectly comfortable, you could tell it was dated).
We ate breakfast at the free buffet every morning. I think its great that they have hot food (eggs, belgian waffle, sausage, etc), not just cold cereal. They had flavored coffee creamer, which I consumed a lot of every morning, as this is something I would not buy for myself. The evening light dinners (ie dumplings, hot dogs/hamburgers, pizza, always with salad) were fine if you wanted to grab a free meal with out getting in the car, or if you wanted to augment your carryout leftovers from the night before. They do have a grill on site and I saw a guest grilling food on it one night. I did laundry (machines are free, but you need to provide your own detergent) while there, which was great. The pool had a hot tub and looked nice, but my son was there to have surgery, so couldn't swim, so the whole family passed on the pool. The location is very convenient to many restaurants, stores, highways, etc. The staff were exceptionally nice.
The only downside I would say is that while free wifi is included, I had trouble maintaining a connection to my work VPN through the wifi connection. I called tech support 3 times and they tried various things, but were unable to really resolve the problem.
So in summary, a great, comfortable place to stay with your family. I would definitely stay there again if the occasion called for it.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites San Jose Hotel
- Staybridge Suites San Jose Hotel San Jose
- San Jose Staybridge Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Staybridge Suites San Jose is an all suite property an ideal place to Get Comfortable whether it be for Training, Corporate Travel, or Leisure Travel. Staybridge Suites is perfect for your next extended stay and a great alternative to a corporate apartment or temporary housing. Each suite has a fully equipped kitchen, a separate living room and large desk with free high speed internet access. Complimentary daily breakfast buffet is provided and a Sundowner reception Tuesday Thursday evenings. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley only 1 miles from San Jose Airport and just 4 miles from downtown San Jose, HP Pavilion, home of the San Jose Sharks! Close to Paramount s Great America (Package Available), Winchester Mystery House, Raging Waters, and San Jose State University and Santa Clara University.We are a pet friendly hotel, and conveniently located to 101 and 880 Freeways. We are within 30 miles to Santa Cruz Beach and Boardwalk, Bonfonte Gardens and the Gilroy Outlets.We are located close to many top Silicon Valley companies such as Cisco, IBM, eBay, Hitachi, and Adobe Systems. Whatever the reason for your travel is, we would love for you to join our Priority Club and stay with us while in San Jose. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Staybridge Suites San Jose reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.