“Great Hotel!!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great Hotel!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

hotel rooms are great and the staff are very nice...great location and great restaurants located inside the hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Broomfield, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

Seems I am staying in a wide variety of hotels these days for business. I am always impressed with DoubleTree hotels, but the San Jose DoubleTree was incredible! Friendly service, immaculate rooms, and, as always, fantastic cookies! The only thing that I did not like about this hotel, my room overlooked the freeway, and there was constant freeway noise.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Costa Mesa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

We hold many business conferences around the country and found this hotel to be the best for many reasons:
1. Great location close to both the airport and the freeway system.
2. Free airport shuttle service.
3. Ideal conference rooms with all the tools and great support.
4. Excellent catering service with tasty snacks and lunch - and fast service,
5. Free Internet service (most business hotels still charge for this!).
6. And the most comfortable hotel bed that I have ever slept in.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Hallock, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

We enjoyed our stay at the Doubletree Hotel San Jose. It is very close to the airport and we were able to get right on their free shuttle service to our terminal. It took less than 5 minutes to get to the airport. Our room was lovely and had a balcony. We had a bit of a cleanliness problem on the bathroom floor but they were very accomodating and came and cleaned it immediately and offered us a discount or free breakfast. We ate both dinner and breakfast in their Sprigs Restaurant and it was excellent. They also had a bar in the lobby and another upscale restaurant. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Wheaton, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

I have stayed at a few Double Tree hotels. I have to say that this one did not quite meet up to the expectations that the others have given me to date.
Was disappointed in the dinner/in room, that the resturant sent up. Was disappointed in the over all appearance of the room, just wasn't up to the detailed excellence of other Double Trees. I personally would not stay there again unless I heard that the decided to up grade the hotel. I would reccommend to someone but advise the cost versus outcome may be disappointing.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
CookieOnArrival, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, November 11, 2010
Dear August2010,

On behalf of Doubletree Hotel San Jose I would like to thank you for taking the time to review us. I am sorry to see that your stay with us was unsatisfactory.

Your In Room Dining was disappointing; hopefully you were able to contact the staff of your dining concerns. We always encourage guests’ to notify our staff so we have the opportunity to fix any issues. As for the appearance of the room, although we aren’t the newest on the block, we have the largest guestrooms in San Jose which is often a luxury when traveling. We understand it’s important that you feel comfortable and find value in our product. You will be happy to know that we are planning a full room renovation in early 2012 which will include a complete redesign including the bathrooms! In the meantime, we have new custom designed chest of drawers and 37’ Flat screen HD TVs in every room which changes the appearance dramatically.

We hope you will stay with us again and give us a chance to create a new enjoyable experience.

Carrie McAllen
Director of Business Development
Santa Cruz, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

Checked in late was fast and efficient - you cant beat the warm cookie.

This is certainly a convenient hotel for the buisness traveller that needs to visit Santa Clara or Sunnyvale.

The rooms were good sized but dated and a little faded. They definitley could use an update in furnishings.

The bed was very comfortable and I got a great nights sleep.

The bathroom was operatonal but looked like something you would see in an appartment built in the 70s. That could really use an update.

Room service was reasonably priced and very well made.

Overall was a good experience but not great value for the price - over $250.

Red Oak, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

I attended a conference at the DoubleTree San Jose and stayed one night. Overall, my experience was great.

The DoubleTree is literally minutes from the terminals at the San Jose airport, and lots of the big names in tech are down the street.

The employees are very helpful and courteous. The shuttle drivers are fantastic and give a great first impression when the y pick you up at the airport.

The rooms are large and very clean, the bed was comfy, extra blankets are in the closet and the towels in the bathroom are huge, clean, fluffy and don't reek of bleach. The fitness center is well-equipped (Precor, just like my gym!) and everything worked.

The banquet food was surprisingly fresh, tasty and interesting, and the warm chocolate chip cookies are to die for.

When I checked out, the staff was very helpful in arranging storage for my luggage until I left the conference later in the day.

My one problem during my stay was with the wireless Internet--the connection closed every few minutes, which made it very difficult to stay caught up on work. I paid $12.95 for the service but it was basically worthless. If you are staying for business, and you really need dependable Internet service, I recommend you arrange for your own broadband card or wireless hot spot.

Otherwise I would highly recommend the DoubleTree to business travelers.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose? Share your experiences!