“Nickle and Dime Type of Hotel - Not Impressed” 2 of 5 stars

Free of Fees
Ranked #25 of 73 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersGold level
San Jose, United States
“Nickle and Dime Type of Hotel - Not Impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

This is a hotel that is in the city of San Jose, CA - NOT San Francisco or New York. To top it off it is literally right next to the airport, not even located in a nice area of the city. Yet this hotel was acting (and charging) like they were in a big city, great location. I travel for business often and typically stay at Hilton chains. I've NEVER had to pay for parking, internet or have a 22% uptick PLUS $4 to get room service. I felt like this hotel was trying to drip every dollar out of me. Not impressed and will not go back.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MLIves, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Samantha B,

I’m very sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience at our hotel. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us and we apologize for letting you down. I'd also like to apologize if you were not made aware of our parking and internet charges at your time of booking. I will be sure to keep your feedback in mind as we're always working to improve our overall guest experience. I thank you for your review and I really hope you'll give us a second chance if your travels bring you back to our area.

matthew.ives@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I have stayed at numerous Hilton properties. Double Tree appears to be the spiraling down in quality. I stayed here for 2 days and could have stayed home since it was a local business. Key card consistently did not work. Very annoying since my meeting location , room and front desk was miles away.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
MLIves, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
1AKA_VS,

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel We apologize for the issues you experienced with your key card and we’re working with our maintenance team to ensure the situation doesn’t happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again and give us an opportunity to show improvement.

Best Regards,
Director of Front Office
Seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

This hotel is not worth the money. The rooms are fairly large which is nice but they are dated and in need of renovation. They charge extra for wifi which annoys me since the room was over $200 and parking was $20 a night. The tub was cracked with stains and the ceiling had dust bunnies in all the vents and some mold in corners of the drop ceiling. Ick. The parts that housekeeping kept up with was clean however. It was mainly the upkeep of the place. Given the price, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
MLIves, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Julie,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms. We'd like to apologize that you were not made aware of our internet and parking charges. We appreciate all of your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve on our guest experience. We hope you’ll give us a second chance if your travels bring you back to our area in the future.

Best Regards,
Director of Front Office
Fort Worth, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

for the price it was a good experience. there were no firm or extra firm pillows, though I had 12 pillows on 2 qween beds. Speaking of beds. when I arived I asked for a high floor. they initally stated that the rate I paid put me on the first floor but were able to switch me to a double bed (qweens) for the same rate on the 7th of 9 floors. Though there was wireless in the room they also has a wired connection but it was not functional. I would have prefered a wired connection in the room but I made due with wireless.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Good place. Parking was easy and the location is great. Service was good as well. Breakfast buffet is average at best. WIFI is better than average. Parking is tight but ok. I would stay there again for sure.

texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here overnight in route to SF. We were going to Spend Halloween night at Winchester Mystery House. Hotel personnel printed out MQ map for us with directions. Our room faced the highway, but there was only a little freeway noise. No airplane noise, even though it is close to SJ airport. Had breakfast in the hotel resturant, and it was fine. Hotel is a little dated, but clean and comfortable. Only complaint, price of parking was a bit ridiculous!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Rancho Cucamonga, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Very nice hotel close to airport and Freeways. Grounds are clean. Being in a business district there are not a lot of restaurants around the area but there are a few within the hotel. I would definitely reccomend this hotel and will stay again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose? Share your experiences!