“A good option for airport travelers” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport

You added Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1471 North 4th Street, San Jose, CA 95112 (Formerly San Jose Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #28 of 74 Hotels in San Jose
Chesapeake, Virginia
“A good option for airport travelers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I had to spend one night in San Jose between long distance flights and this hotel (formerly the Radisson airport hotel, I believe) proved to be a good, affordable option. The rooms were simple but clean. There is an airport shuttle available every 15 minutes or so, almost all day (the drive to the airport is less than 5 minutes) and the front desk was helpful with any questions I had.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Collingswood, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Older hotel in need of updating but very friendly staff. They offer an airport shuttle and the facility was clean. If staying more than one day it is best to have a car and they offer free parking. I did not try the hotel restaurant or the pool/fitness room. They are next door to a bowling alley and diner and there looked to be a few places within walking distance for dining. I opted to drive a few minutes away to Japantown area of SJ for dinner when I was there. Rumor I heard from a staff member is that the hotel was purchased by hotel chain and would be renovated his fall. I would stay here again due to reasonable price and proximity to SJC.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Had to travel to San Jose area for business. I had stayed once before at this same hotel when it was still called the Radisson, and didn't have a good stay either, so I was disappointedly surprised to realize that it was the same hotel.

The hotel staff is attentive, and the hotel restaurant is pretty good for both breakfast and dinner. However the rooms are in need of a revamp.

When I got there, the window was out of the rails, not closing properly. Couldn't fix it because the handle was broken. The furniture is old and not comfortable. The elevators slow and screechy. The carpets are old and IMHO don't feel clean.

The feeling of the hotel is that the ownership is waiting to make some kind of remodelling, but haven't got to do it yet.

I paid $170 a night. For that price, in the area, I would have rather gone to the Hyatt Santa Clara or even the Marriott.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
AndyE803, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
We were very sorry to hear about your recent experience at our hotel. We feel terribly that our staff did not catch the problem with the window not closing properly and the condition of the items in your room. We will absolutely ensure this is resolved immediately as well as share your comments with our housekeeping staff to ensure that we do not miss items like this in the future.

We strongly believe in guest satisfaction and were disappointed that we fell short of your expectations. We will reach out to you directly in order to ensure you are satisfied with your experience at our hotel.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Decided to spend a bit more on this park sleep fly and it was well worth it. It was very clean and friendly. The room was very nice and the covered parking garage was a bonus. Shuttle was on time and quick on the return. Will be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Iowa City, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Rooms are charming, Very clean. Comfortable, and pleasant. The thermostat for A/C wouldn't go below 68, but we were able to open the sliding door crack enough for cool air. Water pressure wasn't great; Still, it was a very nice room.I'd definitely stay here again. The staff were very polite and attentive.

Room Tip: There is an old fashioned bowling ally next door that has a very good diner for breakfast.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Close to airport without all the jet noise and inlay a block from the local metro rail. Rooms comfy and clean. Superior front staff.

Have stayed here when it was the Radisson , now the San Jose airport hotel and will be a Sheraton property by November.
Free parking too.

Free shuttles to airport too.
Ask for Bernie!!!

• Stayed September 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The hotel looked nice. It was renovated from the lobby to the halls. The restaurant/bar is trendy, pretty much typical bar food. We were told that our beds were 2 queens, they were actually full size. I felt something biting my legs at night, like bed bugs or something. I had little small red dots on my legs, I didn't sleep at all that night. The morning we checked out I told the lady that the room might have bed bugs and she ignored my husband. Didnt say sorry or anthing to try and make us feel better. Yes it's cheap and close together airport with free shuttle but I would have paid that extra money to go to another hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
AndyE803, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
We were very sorry to hear about your experience recently. We take these matters very seriously and have immediately quarantined your room. The staff member that you spoke to in the morning has been counseled on how to better handle a report like this and I am extremely sorry that she did not do a better job. You have my assurances that we will have this room inspected today and not put back on line until we are absolutely certain it is resolved.

We will contact you directly to make it right. Your satisfaction is extremely important to us and we just feel terribly that you had a negative layover experience.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport

Address: 1471 North 4th Street, San Jose, CA 95112 (Formerly San Jose Airport Hotel)
Location: United States > California > San Jose
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #28 of 74 Hotels in San Jose
Hotel Class:3 star — Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Starwood so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Radisson San Jose Airport Hotel San Jose
San Jose Radisson

If you own or manage Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.