I was only here for one night, seeing a concert at Civic Auditorium (practically across the road), but found it a very nice experience. Yes, some of the features are a little dated, but that's to be expected in a historical hotel, and my room seemed like it had been updated fairly recently. It certainly wasn't dirty! The bed was probably the best thing - I slept like a log.
Location-wise, it's not bad - there's a light rail stop basically right outside which connects to the train station (it's the Convention Center stop, NOT Civic Center, Civic Center is a very different place to Civic Auditorium!).
A few downsides - the room service was incredibly expensive, so I got breakfast after I left, and the heating was extremely loud (I eventually turned it off and just bundled up under my blankets). But generally, it's a comfortable, pleasant location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sainte Claire is one of California’s genuine grand landmarks – a stately hotel with majestic, plush interiors situated in the heart of downtown San Jose. This landmark embraces the character of yesteryear and greets the innovators of tomorrow with luxurious modern amenities and timeless service, from complimentary wireless high speed internet to the full service business center and the knowledgeable Concierge. Additionally, the hotel offers signature amenities, including L’Occitane bath and body products, and a warm, welcoming atmosphere. Relaxing and comfortable, yet inspiring and sophisticated – The Sainte Claire truly offers the best of both worlds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your The Sainte Claire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sainte Claire Hotel San Jose
- Larkspur Collection Sainte Claire
- Larkspur Collection San Jose