At first I walked in expecting the usual historic styled hotels with amazing service we usually see such as the Brown Palace in Denver or the Arlington Hotel in Arkansas where the infamous Al Capon would spend the weekends. But unfortunately the Saint Clair failed miserably, this hotel is honestly the worst service I've had in years. I should of booked a room across the street at the marriott or at the Fairmont which is two blocks away. The front desk was EXTREMELY rude and completely unhelpful. They tried to play a game with the deposit and were trying to charge us the rooms upfront for all three nights. They event went as far as trying to charge my card for over $600 on the Third night for the last night when we had already paid over $456 for two nights! Keep in mind the rooms were $178 a night, so where does $1056 come in is my greatest guess!?!? I ended up giving the kid at the front desk cash for the last night so they would stop playing with my card and he then had the nerve to charge my card without my authorization. Lastly we needed to get the bathroom serviced, and because I confronted the front desk they wouldn't asnwer our calls so we had to go in person and once more go through another hasle. In all honesty the worse experience I've had and I've been traveling for over 17 years. (and I've had nightmare experiences such as bathrooms flooding at a Hyaat Resort, but at least they knew how to treat a valued customer)
Also the bathtub had a cracked in the material, the coffee pot had old water in it, there was a broken outlet, outdated CD radio, the TV randomly turns off, lime stains on the tubrailing.
The only good thing was the bed comforter and the pillows.
- Also Known As:
- The Sainte Claire Hotel
- The Sainte Claire Hotel San Jose
- Larkspur Collection Sainte Claire
- Larkspur Collection San Jose
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sainte Claire is one of California’s genuine grand landmarks – a stately hotel with majestic, plush interiors situated in the heart of downtown San Jose. This landmark embraces the character of yesteryear and greets the innovators of tomorrow with luxurious modern amenities and timeless service, from complimentary wireless high speed internet, DVD players and movie library, to the full service business center and the knowledgeable Concierge. Additionally, the hotel offers signature amenities, including L’Occitane bath and body products, high-tech efficiencies, and a warm, welcoming atmosphere. Relaxing and comfortable, yet inspiring and sophisticated – The Sainte Claire truly offers the best of both worlds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Olotels, EasyToBook, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The Sainte Claire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.