My family and I booked two rooms for New Year's Eve even though we live locally. We have eaten many times at their restaurant, Il Fornaio, which we love so we decided to stay overnight for New Year's Eve because we love the quiet elegance and the old world flavor. Last year we stayed at another hotel that is much newer down the street and it was a complete zoo - people reserving one room (and inviting 10 friends to spend the night). People standing in the check in line with huge rolling coolers. And the noise level was incredible. Back to the Saint Claire - friendly, extremely helpful staff especially the front desk manager. He couldn't do enough for us. He provided a list of free DVDs (great selection and lots of current releases) to check out. He helped us get some sodas and snacks without having to call room service, and when we checked out, he even gave us a package of nuts as a parting gift which was so sweet of him. We felt so special. The rooms are comfortable with a flat screen tv, DVD player, wifi, comfortable beds and a window that you could open and enjoy fresh air. The bathroom had a painted sky with stars painted on the ceiling. We enjoyed the elegant lobby and sitting room with the big comfy chairs and sofas. And most of all, in spite of a wedding taking place in the ballroom, we enjoyed the quiet. It was so relaxing. Christmas in the Park is situated right across the street and we had fun walking around the various displays. The movie theaters are very close and we enjoyed the walk. The room has a small refrigerator where we stored our champagne until midnight. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit. Great pricing and a great elegant and classy hotel.
- Also Known As:
- The Sainte Claire Hotel
- The Sainte Claire Hotel San Jose
- Larkspur Collection Sainte Claire
- Larkspur Collection San Jose
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sainte Claire is one of California’s genuine grand landmarks – a stately hotel with majestic, plush interiors situated in the heart of downtown San Jose. This landmark embraces the character of yesteryear and greets the innovators of tomorrow with luxurious modern amenities and timeless service, from complimentary wireless high speed internet to the full service business center and the knowledgeable Concierge. Additionally, the hotel offers signature amenities, including L’Occitane bath and body products, and a warm, welcoming atmosphere. Relaxing and comfortable, yet inspiring and sophisticated – The Sainte Claire truly offers the best of both worlds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Sainte Claire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.