I stayed here on a business trip for a week. The room was comfortable; the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was small, but very cute. I loved the painted, recessed ceiling. The traffic noise, flights and surface streets, was minimal.
I ate breakfast everyday at Il Forino. It was prepared well, plated well, and served with distinction. Wonderful start to my mornings.
The hotel has a charm that takes you back to a time when people socialized in sport coats and evening dresses. The decor is well kept and the staff was gracious.
My only complaint would be that parking is difficult and there was a bit of a wait to have the car brought up from valet.
I would stay there again. I would not recommend kids here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sainte Claire is one of California’s genuine grand landmarks – a stately hotel with majestic, plush interiors situated in the heart of downtown San Jose. This landmark embraces the character of yesteryear and greets the innovators of tomorrow with luxurious modern amenities and timeless service, from complimentary wireless high speed internet to the full service business center and the knowledgeable Concierge. Additionally, the hotel offers signature amenities, including L’Occitane bath and body products, and a warm, welcoming atmosphere. Relaxing and comfortable, yet inspiring and sophisticated – The Sainte Claire truly offers the best of both worlds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Sainte Claire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sainte Claire Hotel San Jose
- Larkspur Collection Sainte Claire
- Larkspur Collection San Jose