“Great place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Sainte Claire

You added The Sainte Claire to your Saves list
The Sainte Claire
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   302 South Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113 (Formerly Hyatt Sainte Claire)   |
Ranked #26 of 73 Hotels in San Jose
Singapore
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Wanted to choose Dolyce mansion, but decided to choose this instead for an exceptional offer on expedia.

Anyway, we werent disappointed. The place is great after the refurbishment... The bed is soft and great. The room is spacious and my wife was excited over the Loccitane products...

Parking is not free, but we have no problems with that.

If I need to attend a convention in San Jose, Sainte Claire it will be...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Beautifully restored and maintained early 20th century architecture. You feel elegant just walking through the main floor hallways and public spaces! The staff are friendly and obliging making you feel instantly comfortable and looked after but not hounded (I hate that). Mahmoud at the front desk was particularly helpful and knowledgeable. I stopped to ask about the hotel in advance of another business trip and he offered a tour of their rooms - now that's what I'm talking about: service and INFO. Mahmoud knew all about the history of the place and knows all the different rooms available - I ended up booking this hotel for my next trip! The beds are divine. I saw the other reviews about the air con, but I didn't find it annoying at all. If you sleep with a fan, standard apartment air con, or air purifier on at home you won't notice it. Anyone who lives in a metropolitan area wouldn't find noise issues particularly troubling; the hotel is smack downtown so expecting crickets and silence is unrealistic. We printed boarding passes for free and they were delivered to our room since there was a print queue. Fantastic service and friendly atmosphere. The rooms are cozy with room to move and some are super cool - I stayed in 100; the bath is fab and ceiling is lovely woodwork. Walking distance to everything. This older hotel is nicely updated and so inviting and just the right size. Makes you want to go back in time to see what everything else was like too. The competent staff and the ambiance made an excellent visit for me. I'll stay there any time I'm in San Jose.

Room Tip: Ask Mahmoud which are available when you check in.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

We stayed here with another couple in two rooms and both couples thought the hotel was really nice. The room was large and well maintained and the hotel was very responsive to the one issue we had. The only thing we did not like was the parking situation (actually the lack thereof) since we had a car; the valet was quick but still there was a bit of a wait involved. The hotel bar was very nice and even though there was a wedding going on, we did not feel crowded although the hotel is not large. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Boise
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

When I checked in the desk clerk asked me if I minded noise. I laughed and said yes I mind noise. Placed on third floor queen room. Noise consisted of - nightclub across street (booming music), air conditioning unit with ANNOYING rattle, extremely thin walls, lots of honking early am from either taxis or valet, not sure. Good nights sleep was not a possibility for me in this room. Room was small. TV small. Shower weak. Good stuff? Restaurant. Aesthetics. Clean. I'm sure they have some updated rooms although I didn't get one. I would recommend this hotel to someone that is a heavy sleeper or someone I dislike.

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

We stayed at the Sainte Claire overnight on business. From the moment we stepped from our vehicle we received nothing but the best of service from William at the front desk to Mahmoud who helped us to our room and then proceeded to tell us everything we needed to know about the Hotel and the surrounding area, all with a tremendous smile that never stopped. Although the Hotel itself may not be the fanciest in the area it has the best service of any. We ate breakfast in the restaurant and found the food to be wonderful and the service, again, to be top notch. We will never stay anywhere else in San Jose after receiving the royal treatment we got. Thank You staff for all your hard work.

Room Tip: We had a room next to the street and could hear the electric train at times but the sound was soothi...
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

I stayed at the Sainte Clair for 3 nights and I can honestly stay that their staff were extremely friendly and always helpful. Especially William and Mahmood who went out of their way to make my stay very enjoyable. If I had to come back to San Jose for business I would definately stay here again. In addition the restaurant staff were very friendly and the food was very tasty. Overall I have to say that this was nicer than the Marriot.

WestBrookfield, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Their restaurant changes my policy on hotel restaurants. Try it. Absolutely excellent!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to The Sainte Claire? Share your experiences!