“Great hotel and thanks Erin!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown

You added Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown to your Saves list
Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   282 Almaden Boulevard, San Jose, CA 95113 (Formerly Convention Plaza Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #19 of 74 Hotels in San Jose
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great hotel and thanks Erin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Great hotel and the staff was excellent! I travel a lot for work and stayed at many Hyatt brand hotels, but this hotel specifically really impressed me. Everyone was really attentive and friendly. And a special thanks to Erin who always greeted me with a smile from the second I walked in to check in, during breakfast, when she came up with a new key so I wouldn't have to go downstairs or whenever she saw me. Erin was very helpful with setting up my transportation, recommending where to eat and anything else I needed helped. She even remembered that I need a Mountain Dew every morning! And the customer service she provided for me, she did for everyone I saw her encounter with which shows that she's not only great at her job, but she loves it.

The free breakfast and wifi are bonuses. Traveling as much as I do, the little things count and feeling warm and welcome is always nice. I will definitely come back when I am in San Jose again and will recommend to my colleagues.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tasha S, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Tasha Silva

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt for an event our company was running. The food was excellent and very well priced. Staff at the desk were very friendly and happy to help. Great atmosphere around the place.

Rooms were well presented and well kept. The facilities are clean and modern. I would recommend staying here on business or for pleasure.

Special mention to both Jose and Norberto. Great guys and extremely helpful members of staff. Always on hand to help out and assisted me with anything I needed. Efficient and always friendly - they made my life much easier! I'll definitely be encouraging my office to return next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Sheets: crisp
Towels: ok
Bed: firm
Breakfast: free, lotsa variety

We stayed here one night so that I could attend the Madonna concert. Here are some things you should know:

This hotel is in the direct flight path of landing jets. It will be noisy. While you are close to restaurants, museums, and the convention center- the parking is ridiculously expensive.
Our room was located on the 7th floor and on the convention center side. Keep your drapes closed, the building gets blasted by morning heat and will warm up the room and flood it with light. We liked the spaciousness of the room but the furniture was worn and scratched up. The bathroom is small but clean.

• Stayed October 2012
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

The Hyatt is a nice hotel located within walking distance of HP Arena. We stayed there to attend a concert. We were pleased there were many restaurants within a 5 minute walk. The hotel was clean, safe with a nice free breakfast. The only thing lacking, which is minor, they didn’t have a hotel store and no stores nearby like Wal-Green, 7-11 nearby. Overall, a good experience. I would stay there again without hesistation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Vacaville, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Hi all,

This was a business trip and I stayed for a week. The staff was friendly. The room was nice. The air conditioning was loud which was good because it helped to drown out the noise from the street. Nice large flat screen TV and fridge. No pool...staff advised me I could use the one at the Hilton across the street. Which I actually did use but that pool is a glorified bath tub...smallest pool I've ever seen at a hotel.

You could order food from your room but had to pick it up at the bar. I don't know where it was actually prepared. The food was okay.

The WiFi worked well and I was able to print from my laptop to the business center printer at no charge. However, when I had a question the staff was not up to date on how it worked.

What bothered me was the room was advertised at one price but when you added in the parking fees and various taxes it was around $30 more per night.

One nice thing was the location in reference to the downtown area. Easy walking distance to many restaurants, the tech museum, and convention center.

The breakfast was okay but when they say it will end at ten am they are not kidding. My wife and son stayed the night on Friday. At Saturday breakfast they arrived just at Ten. The staff said goodmorning to them as they sat down. My wife headed towards the plates and the breakfast workers started picking up the food around her!

Overall, I was somewhat disappointed at the overall hotel and experience.

Room Tip: Don't take a room on the W. San Carlos St. Side of the hotel. The traffic and train noise will...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Stayed overnight here on a business trip.. The rooms have the loudest air conditioning I've ever heard!

They have no room service either..

I would stay here again just because of the air con it made sleeping very difficult.

• Stayed October 2012
Stillwater, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Right next to the airport and they've done nothing to work with the sound of airplanes flying over. I got two hours of sleep from not just the airplanes, but the noise from other people and cars was horrible. Seven floors up, I should not be hearing that much traffic. The service was poor as well. The people (aside of the reception desk) act offended to help you. Never coming here again.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown? Share your experiences!